New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

~ MCF Netiquette ~

Old 05-30-2007, 08:04 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow ~ MCF Netiquette ~

Netiquette
Etiquette practiced or advocated in electronic communication over a computer network/forum
The most important rule of netiquette is, "Think before posting"

. If an intended post will not make a positive contribution to theMCF and be of interest to several readers, it should not be posted.

Personal messages to one or two individuals should be sent via private message PM, not posted to for everyone.This rule is sometimes stated in other forms, such as "Remember the other members".

Forum etiquette
Certain rules of unspoken etiquette are recommended to be followed when using Internet forums.
They include: One should read all the rules and guidelines established by the community. Some communities may have different regulations on a particular subject. One should always be courteous.

Before creating a new topic thread, one is advised to search to see if a similar topic already exists. Contributors should follow standard grammar and spelling rules and avoid slang. (No Way )

If the forum is categorized, one should strive to post in the correct section. When making a technical inquiry, one should include as much technical information as possible, especially in the subject line.

Contributors are asked to stay on-topic. Contributors should avoid double posting and Crossposting.

To avoid appearing self-absorbed(like `Space * BeachBum`Mike), one should respond to topics started by others more often than starting topics of their own.

Contributors should avoid the use of all CAPITAL LETTERS in posts. All CAPS is considered "shouting" and causes readability issues.

One is advised not to resurrect a very old topic if nothing significant will be added. This practice is known as revival or Necroing.

One should try to refrain from lashing back at a poorly behaving member or participating in a flame war instead, notify the MCF staff of the event.

Thank You!
Thank You!

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-25-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Re-posted in honor of `Space
Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Default RE: ~ MCF Netiquette ~

MCF RULES
[:-]
Members, please post your suggestions/comments
for any improvements to our
Monte Carlo Family
Thank You
[:-]

Old 05-30-2007, 08:24 AM

Great post, Space. I do have one question: You have a GIRLFRIEND?

Just kidding! Great info, I hope everyone reads this post.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i have proper netiqete i speak gooder engrish lol!! haha

Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: rchurch
Great post, SpaceThank You Randall,

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-25-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM

[align=center]Moderator Wiz Kidd,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I appreciate your dedication & all your contributions to[/align][align=center]the Monte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You are an asset to the MCF & devote a lot of your [/align][align=center]time/life to keep the forum safe & informed.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Has any member heard from Moderator's[/align][align=center]SoCal SS ?[/align][align=center](Please post `if you have)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please click below link to thank all of our[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo Family[/align][align=center]Moderator's[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_31589/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks[/align]

Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thanks space

and all the same goes to you this forum wouldn't be the same without you ...you make it very fun and interesting

and i haven't heard from bigg j or socalss

Old 05-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I'M NOT SHOUTING!!!![sm=bounceybounce.gif]

I'M JUST A LITTLE EXCITED![sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM

Thanks Space! If only everyone on the internet would follow these simple rules, maybe we could someday have world peace (just being hopeful I guess)

Old 05-30-2007, 09:34 PM

I'M SHOUTING!!!! GOOD POST SPACE!!! =D

Search this Thread