New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

"BADGES"

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: "BADGES"

yah, it wouldn't be a pace car without them, well it still would, but there'd be no markings to distinguish it, everyone would just think you had a regular monte. that would be like taking all the orange stickers and tony stickers off of mine

Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM

I like the clean look, but I'm more for getting what I paid for. If I wanted a bland Monte, I would have just bought an LS and debaged it. You paid a premium for the Badged look and options.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:25 PM

I vote to keep the badges. Especially if the car is one of the "Higher" end models. As was previously stated, if you like the "Blank" look, do it to the base model. The badging on the car is its "Jewellery". Done properly I think it looks great.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Yeah, especially when it's a limited production. Taking the SS badges off a regular SS is one thing, but not when it's a Limited Edition.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:03 PM

im thinking about putting some back on mine people keep thinking its a dodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:13 AM

i think the badges just like accessories on the car, otherwise i'll just look plain without any racing stripes, or checker flags or a paint job. It all depends on you want it to look, I left my badges on my Monte Carlo ss 2003, by the way nice LTZ , I actually drove it to test drive it, great choice

Old 03-21-2007, 08:56 PM

whats makes a pace car a real pace car?

Old 03-21-2007, 09:46 PM

DESS03:I know what youmean about the dodge thing. A guy I worked with argued with me for a whole lunch break because he thought someone at our car show had a Intrepid dressed up to be the #8 Dale JR Monte Carlo! Kept sayin it has that Dodge badge on the front. I finally had to show him my car and show him the Chevy badging to get him to believe me.... Never did get the 5$ he owed me... cheap SOB. Lol

As far as removing the badges goes I say get someone to photochop it without the badges, it'd be real easy to do and give you a good Idea of what it would look like without the badges. Plus, say you do remove them and end up wanting to trade in or resell the car, if they're the adhesive type just remove the rest of the adhesive from the back of the badge and replace the adhesive. It would be really easy to put back on the car.

I'm planning to remove the little GM badges on the front 1/4 panel behind the fenderwell because one of them is crooked, and they're a pain in the ****, especially when waxing. They put these on the 06's and 07's only I think. I did like the old Monte sheilds they used on the front of the car (in lieu of the bowtie) originally when compared to the bowtie they use now, but I don't want to muck around with the grille, especially when I'm considering changing the grille anyway.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:06 AM

i was asking what made it an offical pace car?anyone can make badges and put them on the car but that doesnt mean its an offical pace car.i want to know exactly what is an offical pace car

Old 03-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

since he said he has a 2005, it is not a Pace Car edition. Pace Car editions were available in 2000 thru 2003. It would have (although I heared about some dealers not installing them) checkered **** across the side and special pace car badges on the outside and inside of the car.

Quick Reply: "BADGES"