NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

We qualified for tomorrow's NASCAR Nationwide Series Race.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 04:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Fantatic finish! I think you guys should be thrilled! Well earned...

Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What a crash fest and congrats on surviving with a good finish, that money should at least help you out.
Now it's time to put the Montecarloforum.com decal on there. We might get someone to donate one to the cause.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:56 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
What a crash fest and congrats on surviving with a good finish, that money should at least help you out.
Now it's time to put the Montecarloforum.com decal on there. We might get someone to donate one to the cause.
Which one of 'Space's image would you put on the hood?

Old 02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member

We truly do appreciate all the support! It was an amazing race and through some strategy and some luck at the end, we were able to come away with a top 15 finish and a racecar that was in near perfect shape. Some of those cars looked like they just ran 500 laps at Bristol.

We are still continuing our search for a long time sponsor, so again if anyone knows anyone who may be interested in marketing with a championship caliber NASCAR race team, please do not hesitate to PM me. I can have our marketing kit and information to them within a very short period of time.

Even with a great finish, we are still up in the air as to what our next race will be as of right now. So far, we have no plans to run again until Bristol, however these things change. Without a decent sponsorship deal coming through in the next few days, we will not be making a run at the series title this year.

That being said, Benny has had great success (wins) at Bristol in the Pro Cup Series and has had one good and one mediocre run there in the Nationwide Series in 2009 (18th) and in 2011 (28th).

Thanks again! I appreciate all the support and hope that every time you see us on the track you are all cheering for us!

By the way, you may not know this, but Benny had fallen way out of the pack and lost that first lap early because for the first ten laps, his ear piece had fallen out of his ear and he could not communicate with the team. He had no idea what our spotter was telling him until he was able to get out of the pack and reach through his helmet and get his earpiece back in. To not cause a big wreck on a restrictor plate track in a big pack like that showed incredible skill, intelligence and incredible respect for the other drivers.

Last edited by Bittner58; 02-25-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

congrats and best of luck with sponsorship, I think you have a mini following here on the MCF.......

Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 PM

I found myself wishing TV had shown the 24 more.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member

We wish they would have given us along with a lot of the "other" drivers some more coverage, but we were well aware that unless we were running up front all afternoon, that wouldn't happen. Danica, Jr, Stewart and the other cup drivers would monopolize the coverage as usual, nothing new to the world of NA$CAR, big name, big money drivers and teams get the coverage. We will get much better coverage on the short and intermediate tracks this season, those are the tracks that Benny can and will qualify and run towards the front at.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey tell your driver to get a sex change, that should get him TONS of coverage. Maybe GoDaddy could pick him up too.

I mean, it's an idea...... may not work though . Jennifer Jo Cobb and Johanna Long are getting screwed in this deal. As far as I am concerned, both have about as many credentials as Danica Patrick, yet don't get hte coverage.

And as long as all those cup drivers keep moonlighting in the series, you aren't going to get the coverage either.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

.I couldn't agree more with the fact that the old cup drivers running on Saturday hurts us and every other small team on a weekly basis... NA$CAR needs to fix a lot of things when it comes to weekend procedure to make the playing field truly equal and it will never happen. They say that they have implemented a bunch of changes to make the series more competitive and less expensive for smaller teams, but that is pure BS. Every change they make just raises the cost to the teams just a little higher and it forces more and more teams out of business.

On female drivers, there are plenty of talented female drivers out there, Michelle Theriault, Jennifer Jo Cobb, Johanna Long, the Cope twins etc... These women are as accomplished as Danica and have been racing stock cars longer, but will have to prove themselves ten times as much because they don't have the $$$ behind them that she does. The public has stopped caring about Danica because like everything else the media forces her on them way too much.

As far as cup drivers moonlighting, we will never see an end to it. It truly is a double edged sword on one side, it is a big draw for the fans on the other side, they take away media attention and potential sponsors who could change a smaller team or driver's career forever. We have no problem running against them, but the Nationwide and Truck series coverage should be focused on the Nationwide and Truck series regulars and the up and comers. Not the established Cup drivers, that is what Sunday is for. I can not tell you how many people told me after the race how excessive the television coverage surrounding Danica, Jr, Stewart and the rest of the Cup regulars was. It is like the media just continues to force their own agenda down the public's throat and it is a shame.

Also, there should be no guaranteed positions in qualifying based on points, past champion provisional or any other gimmick. It is completely unfair (not that life is meant to be fair) for a new or low budget team that busts their asses to make it to the track to have a decent qualifying run and still have to pack up because Jeff Green has a past champion provisional and 3 other drivers didn't even try to lay down a great lap because they were guaranteed a spot on last years owners points. The 43 fastest drivers need to qualify and that is that. If you have a legitimate problem in qualifying, wreck your primary car or blow up... if you have a backup car get it out and you get one more lap at speed to try and make the field.
The point is the 43 fastest make the field no one else.

But we do not live in a perfect world...

Regardless, we are blessed for every opportunity we get and will continue to work hard for our fans and sponsors to make the show exciting whenever we show up. It would be great to get that one missing piece that would allow us to run a full Nationwide season though.

Last edited by Bittner58; 02-26-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:25 PM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Bittner58

Even with a great finish, we are still up in the air as to what our next race will be as of right now.
Benny qualified 39th for the Bashas Supermarmarket 200! That didn't take long. And it starts in a few minutes!

Good luck again Benny!

Quick Reply: We qualified for tomorrow's NASCAR Nationwide Series Race.