NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Transformers take to the track @ Charlotte

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Transformers take to the track @ Charlotte

So they've been plugging the hell out of Transformers 2 in Nascar. This weekend at Charlotte Jeff Gordon and Ryan Newman are running special paint schemes to advertise Transformers, with Jeff running a Megatron car and Ryan getting the OptimusPrime scheme. WTF?!?

Why does Jeff get the "evil" car? And worse, how the hell does that plug Newman get to be Optimus? I'm no fan of Newman, and this year he has made me less of a fan. Seems his strategy at every race is to use pit timing to get himself near the front of the field on old tires at the end of the race, then beat the crap out of anyone who tries passing. That idiot embodies evil more then Jeff. Jeff is an established champion - he should be the Champion of Justice: OptimusPrime. Of course, I would have picked Martin, but Jeff would be a good fit. Either way, I'm buying the diecast.

Ironically, they only seem to put special Optimus Prime paint schemes on evil drivers. Earlier this year an Optimus Prime scheme was on Kyle Busch's car (during an M&M/Transformer cross promotion)

Old 10-15-2009, 06:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

lol nice. love the whole "on evil cars" thing. i like ryan though. but it does seem weird that they would put the Optimus Prime scheme on Ryan since Jeff normally has the whole flame paint scheme on his car..hmmm.