NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

THE RACE: `Michigan: June 13,2010 Top `3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry THE RACE: `Michigan: June 13,2010 Top `3 ?

Go 2 Last `Post
Thanks `Brent 4 your post(s)
4-Sure

Feud of the Week: Kevin Harvick vs. Joey Logano
User Rating: Written by Monte Dutton
Thursday, 10 June 2010 08:09

Joey Logano, left, and Kevin Harvick head out of Turn 2 during the Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500 at Pocono Raceway on June 6. A few laps later, near the end of the race, Harvick nudged Logano into the wall. (Photo: Associated Press)

The tension between the two was already there, but words flew after crewmen barred Logano from confronting Harvick following a late-race incident at Pocono. Logano said Harvick's wife, DeLana, "wears the firesuit" in the family and called Harvick "stupid." Harvick said he couldn't talk to Logano because "he's 20."
My take: Logano needed to stand up for himself, but it would've looked better had he not been obviously encouraged by his irate father.

http://www.jayski.com/next/2010/15mis2010.htm

Click above link for infor on this weeks Race @ Michigan

Last edited by Space; 06-13-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've watched the replay of the race action many times and here my take: The contact made between the 2 was minor and normal racing. It was the end of the race and it was time to try and win. But Joey did say something important at the end of the race that is being overlooked , or not discussed. Harvick let Logano go on the backstretch to get into position to dump him in the corner. If you watch, off turn 2 Harvick pulls to the inside and lets up. This is normal Martin-like behaviour for sportman-ly allowing a faster car to go by. But Harvick only let him have pass 3/4 of the way and then was back on him through the corner to hold Logano's left rear quarter at Harvicks right front bumper. And Harvick must have known contact was inevitable and he knew he wouldn't be paying the consequences when it happened.

Harvick deserves a punch in the face for that. Not for the contact, but intentionally creating a scenario that would comprise Joey.

And Harvick is still a for getting punked out by Peblo at Watkins Glen 2 years ago.

Last edited by JuniorCar; 06-12-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 AM

Hi `Brent,
Thanks for your post/comments....I agree...
(I wish NASCAR would set up a boxing ring for after the race : ) I think it would increase viewer's to NASCAR...

Are you going to watch the Race 2morrow ? I don't have cable, but will try to listen on the radio...I also am losing interest : (
Do you want to start a Top 3 Picks ?
Your choice......
Wish you a fun/safe weekend....~>EnJoy

Old 06-12-2010, 07:17 AM

http://www.jayski.com/next/2010/15mis2010.htm

Old 06-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
:rolleyesAre you going to watch the Race 2morrow ? I don't have cable, but will try to listen on the radio...I also am losing interest : (
Are you going to watch the Race 2morrow ? I don't have cable, but will try to listen on the radio...I also am losing interest : (
Do you want to start a Top 3 Picks ?

It is very hard for me to get "up" for this weekends race. Michigan. I say it with the enthusiasm one usually uses to refer to the great state of Delaware. Only, I wish the race was in Delaware. The racing at MIS sucks. I used to go to every race there, as it is by far the clsest to home. The camping is the best there (that I've seen) - there is just soooo much of it in the immediate area. The "fan Zone" is also the largest of any track I've been to, with easily 3 times the haulers/ concessions that Daytona had. But the racing, although fast, is redundant and uninteresting. It is the quintessential definition of what non-race fans hate about oval track racing: "They just drive around in a circle". Those of us who watch Nascar know how much more in depth oval track racing really is, but when it comes to Michigan, the nay-sayers are right. But I'll still watch if I can stay awake.

Anyways, Jr and Martin qualified crappy. A bunch of idiots up front. So inspite who I said i would never pick last week, this week I'll hex 'em and pick:

1. JJ
2. Killer
3. Peblo

1st caution: Sam Hornish (some things never change, but he had a really good race last week. At the end I actually wanted him to win!)

# of cautions: 3

1st to the garage (last): Joe Nemechek

Last edited by JuniorCar; 06-13-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Old 06-13-2010, 07:12 AM

Congrat's `Joey, I'm sure that Kevin is Happy 4 U 4-Sure LOL....I hope that Joey beats Kevin 2day @ Michigan.....

Making history

Joey Logano became the first driver in series history to win three consecutive races at one track from the pole as he held off Carl Edwards for the win at Kentucky.

Kentucky: Results | Standings | Lap-by-Lap | Series coverage
Brooklyn, Mich.
Cloudy 64°
Forecast

Final Laps: Frequent flyers fight for win

Logano, Edwards and Keselowski battle each other, and the weather, for the Kentucky victory.
Post-race reactions

Almirola bests Busch, Bodine to win at MIS

Aric Almilora held off Todd Bodine, Kyle Busch in dramatic final 10 laps.
35 Comments
Victory Lane

Final Laps: Quest for MIS supremacy

Aric Almirola, Todd Bodine and Kyle Busch battle to the end for the VFW 200 checkered flag.
Post-race reactions

NASCAR changing look of splitter for '11

New front valance design should eliminate the need for the braces.
79 Comments
Michigan: Lineup

Lindsay's List:
Hangin' with A.J.

TNT's Lindsay Czarniak talks teammates, the King and Michigan with A.J. Allmendinger.
SPEED Trackside

Junior out to end two-year drought

Teammates see his determination, have confidence in Earnhardt.
1028 Comments
Final Practice Speeds

Kahne still playing waiting game on '11

Several options being considered, but Martin says it won't be 5 car.
101 Comments
Michigan: Videos

For more NASCAR NEWS on Today's Race...Click below (Source)
http://www.nascar.com/

Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM

We don't have cable 2 watch the Race, and we could not pick it up on MRN radio in my low signal area.....

One of the BeachBum's found this link that has a live broadcast of the race.....You can stay on the MFC & listen to the Race...

http://1300wmel.com/listen.php

Click above link 2 listen to MRN online : )
Hope the link works 4 U : )
EnJoy the Race `if U R listening/watch'in : )
I think the Motor racing Network calls a Super Race.....

Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

why so much hate for Happy Harvick?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 PM

...Hi `Chris,
I don't hate Happy Harvick, I just think he drives dirty & not fair....I think he has a gifted talent for racing, but he will knock a racer out for a position or for a win....

I stated b-4, I think he drivers more like Dale Sr, then Dale Jr does.. Dale Sr would knock anyone outa the way
They are both super aggressive drivers 4-Sure....

Are you watching the race ???? I'm listening to it on the above link....

Wish U & reader's a Happy Harvick `Day....

Joey is in 17th & Happy is in 18th WOW LOL WIsh I could watch the race 4-Sure, but happy/thankful that I can listen : )

Quick Reply: THE RACE: `Michigan: June 13,2010 Top `3 ?