NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Why are the Dodges suddenly running so well????
They've got Hemis!!!!! (despite being banned in 1964)
50.00%
Maybe they should have broken Brad K's ankle earlier
10.00%
CHEATERSSSS!!!!!!
0%
Don't worry, this will soon come to pass....
40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Picks/WatkinsGlen/Sunday Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

posted in last weeks fantasy points update thread...

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
change 77gp to 50, not 504.
guess Duane didn't see it?

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 08-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Duane, how can I be in third and -504 points. LOL might want to check that out in post 1. I call foul.............I too am tempted tochange my pics but gonna hang tough.
He's on probation and took a 454 point penalty (ironic, huh?)

Nah, whath appened, when I was putting in the positions, the 4 didn't make it down some how or another.... oh well.

Moving back to college tomorrow.... got a busy day planned! But I do plan to have my TV set up, eat lunch, and have points figured out at teh end of the race!

Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 PM

Wow almost forgot I needed to make some picks.

1. Stewart
2. Kyle Busch
3. Edwards

Bonus pick

I think Kurt and Johnson will spin/wreck each other.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

here goes nothing.......:p

1 Edwards
2 Stewart
3 Ambrose

4 Montoya...................

Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I've held my tongue all week trying to figure out this weeks picks. I needed to know qualifying and Nationwide results before I could conclude: 2 of the "lesser" teams pose a real threat this week - both Penske guys and both Ganassi guys are right up there. But I would never pick Peblo! Brad K, bad ankle and all, just seems really hot right now. He was fast in both practice sessions, qualified 8th. Kurt deserved that Nationwide race yesterday and I'm actually taking his side on the whole Jimmie Johnson thing (from Pocono).
And the RPM car's (A.J. & Ambrose) qualified 2nd and 3rd!
Jimmie Johnson rocked that Nationwide race (2nd - his 1st Nationwide race in 3 years!) and proved he is committed to this race by taking the extra seat time, even with his experience. Jimmie really wants this one, and he qualified 4th.
Logano worked really hard in the Nationwide race to finish 3rd. He's hot if he can put Pocono's disappointment behind him.

I also think Jr. is underated at these road courses. It's true he has yet to win a Sprint Cup race on a road course. That's hardly an exclusive list. Points leader Carl Edwards, Jeff Burton, Clint Bowyer, Brad Keselowski, David Reuitimann, Ryan Newman, Greg Bifle, Bobby Labonte, Marcose Ambrose, Jamie McMurray, Boris Said, Denny Hamlin & Joey Logano have all failed to get that elusive Sprint Cup road course win - and I bet none of them have taken the kinda crap that Junior has over it!. Jr has 2 Nationwide road course wins - both during seasons where he won the Championship for what is now called the Nationwide series (no one else on that list is a 2-time Nationwide Champion either). Junior can race these tracks, and he has won here before...
But Dale Jr. himself doesn't believe that either, so I ain't picking him this week. But look for Junior to be strong in the next 4 weeks to firm up that Chase spot.

I don't have the lead anymore, so I'll sorta just pick my fav's. I choose...

1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Jamie McMurray
3. Brad Keselowski (still super cool for ending Peblo's "reign of tyranny" at Sonoma when BradK dumped Peblo - do it again!)

Last edited by JuniorCar; 08-14-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 AM

I don't have the lead anymore, so I'll sorta just pick my fav's. I choose...

Hi `Brent, It's great 2 C U online...You've been missed 4-Sure..
Remember "It's not `if you win or lose, it's how you play the Game" ~> yeah`Right <~>
EnJoyed reading your above post & thoughts...
Good Luck on your picks & EnJoy the Race...
I love road courses & I think it really shows the talents of the drivers...I wish I could watch 2day, but I will try to listen on the radio : ) & check the LeaderBoard....~>Wish everyone a fun time watching the Race

Old 08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Smile

Gotta' go with my driver Jimmie Johnson of course. That's a given!
Picks 2 & 3: Stewart and Gordon respesctfully.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

My wife picks:

1. Boris Said
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Peblo

Her picks don't count. But I find it interesting that she picked Borat, who I totally forgot about this week. He hasn't been getting much press, but I think he is a good pick.

A lot of good picks out there - I'm not so confident. They're saying rain will likely factor in today, so this whole thing may just be a crap shoot. I'm nervous/ excited...

Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM

i pick
kurt busch
kyle busch
aj almendinger

Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM

Hi EveryBody,
Woke `up 2 listen 2 the start of the Race & found that it's on a rain delay Hope the weather clears up & they can get the race in 2day...
Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Moving back to college tomorrow.... got a busy day planned! But I do plan to have my TV set up, eat lunch, and have points figured out at teh end of the race!

Hi `Duane,
Wish you a safe return to college 2morrow...I envy you & wish that I could've went to college on campus : ) Maybe in my next `life LOL...I know I'd be homesick being far away from family & friends...I am now, and I'm only a county away
Wish you the best @ college this year...4-Sure...EnJoy the experience...

Quick Reply: Picks/WatkinsGlen/Sunday Afternoon