NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Texas/SunAfternoon

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I believe Rudd drove it for Bud Moore though
They both did and for a short time in 1984 they were driving for RCR as well.

Attached Thumbnails Picks/Texas/SunAfternoon-84dale-ricky.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 11-07-2015 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 11-08-2015, 08:39 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I looked up 84 and they were all Bud Moores Thunderbird. I didn't realize both ran the Wrangler colors in the same year, thanks for pointung it out. It's also odd that the team sponsored a Ford and Chevy for two different owners.

My favorite to laugh at today is the 32. It's a Ford sponsored by CorvetteParts.net

Old 11-08-2015, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

I looked up 84 and they were all Bud Moores Thunderbird. I didn't realize both ran the Wrangler colors in the same year, thanks for pointung it out. It's also odd that the team sponsored a Ford and Chevy for two different owners.

My favorite to laugh at today is the 32. It's a Ford sponsored by CorvetteParts.net
Funny Story about Fords. I moved to NE in 1980 and had owned Chevrolets for all my life, the company I worked for had a Chrysler that I drove for Sales calls, then I got a Ford pickup truck.
My next door neighbor owned the local Ford dealership, and being the old school salesman that he was brought one home for us to Test drive as a family car.
I had a Camaro, and traded it for the Family Sedan, Mercury Cougar V-6 and couldn't get out of its own way.
So we continued to have Fords Vans, pickup trks.
Then in 1997 December 21st my wife works at the local Hospital got called in for a emergency, we were having an Ice storm at the time. She takes the AeroStar to work, she loved it was a Bright Blue Sport with silver running boards. So she didn't come home for along time. Then the Police called and said she had been in an accident with a Train. We get a Train going thru about every 15-20 minutes and she has to cross the tracks to get to work. Well on the way home she slid off the crossing and in between the railroad tracks. An East bound train went in the sliding door and took it up the tracks about 1/4 mile.
It was a 7 passenger Van but now 3 passenger but inline.
The Ford Dealer was now owned by my Neighbors son, his father has passed a few years before this.
I couldn't make any kind of a Deal. I ended up with a Pontiac Montana Van, and she loved it.
So then my friends would has me how do you get away with that living next door to the Ford dealer and drive a Pontiac, ( they were just giving me Sh*t) and as I am walking away I said: ( Well they just don't hold up)!? Then it dawned on them what the joke was getting hit by the Train and all.
Then I never went back!

Old 11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Nowadays they will take a sponsor from anyone than hands them cash.

As I recall Dale just drove for RCR a short time and wasn't happy about something, and he went to Bud Moore, but wasn't happy with the performance of the Fords he had. He made them fast even the bad ones but when they were bad they were really, really bad.
According to the one book I have Dale drove for Bud in 82/83 and then they switched in 84 Dale went back to Childress and Ricky drove for Bud Moore after that. Wrangler sponsored both cars I used to be able to tell about this stuff off the cuff cause friends would call me to settle little disputes on the Driver Trivia.

Whoops looks like the 22 car had some Karma today, what was that Beatles song lyrics, (Instant Karma is gonna get you).

Old 11-08-2015, 04:43 PM

5 Year Member

I need the 2 to crash just so my whole fantasy team can finish 30th or worse

Old 11-08-2015, 05:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Looks like I may have a 2nd place finish!
Wohoo..

Old 11-08-2015, 07:13 PM

5 Year Member

Admitedly, I've been drinking pretty hard as I do the math on this, and I'm pretty tired. Life's just been really stressful here lately.

I have the full stats posted here:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/na...tistics-52079/

drivernumber3 won his 2nd in a row, and his 5 points paying race of the year at Texas according to my math! He also won the All Star race!

Carlm54stl and SupplySgt are 1st and 2nd in the overall and segment points. It looks like it will come down to these two for the championship and segment!