NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Martinsville/Sun Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's dumb Duane. Really. First off, the engine blowing didn't happen on queue. The field had been trying to catch Jr for 25 laps and it would have taken them another 25. He hung in there because the car was that fast. And if they had caught him, he would have got his lap back any ways. Teams don't blow engines on queue either. Algier was having a bad weekend already as they were already running a backup engine that had to be changed before the race.

Harvick didn't just cheat at Talladega either. Weeks ago he punched Jimmie in the pits. Last year when Ambrose and Mears got into it they both recieved penalties. At New Hampshire, when Harvick dominated at a track he never won before, he drove the car up to the wall slowly, then spun it into the wall. Looked intentional and senseless to me. But Nascar still wouldn't touch him.

You actually bring up that they do penalize Jr - we saw it Sunday. He's not riding free luck. When does Harvick get those? I don't trust Nascar to make those calls against him when they happen because we've all seen Harvick cheat and they still deny it - nobody else is even denying it. How are we to trust them to call the stuff we can't see like "too many men over the wall"?

Last time NASCAR let a driver do whatever the f he wanted out there I stopped watching for 6 or 7 years - until he wasn't around any more. And it took a long time to build my interest back up. I certainly take this stuff too serious, Helton and crew are treating this like a joke and I am so not amused.

Old 10-29-2015, 01:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've known a few clutches to go in on queue... it can be done. It would be cool if Allgaier had an onboard, I'd like to see that myself.

I believe Harvick replaced the man you're talking about though. Maybe he is carrying on that tradition.

But you know Boy Blunder France is sitting in his motor home just laughing all of this up because it's getting him publicity.

And honestly, that race was going to have a fuel mileage winner if not for this incident too. So instead of Biffle and the Red Sox stealing a win, he gets a controversial finish. Whoopty doo.

It's almost like watching wrestling.

Remember that time Kyle Petty got penalized for "aggressive driving" at Charlotte? They pitched a fit about Earnhardt never getting penalized. The next week at Dover, Petty's car looked like this.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 10-29-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM

Haven't been on for awhile. Hope I can still do some picks.
Here they are:
1) Logano
2) Harvick
3) Gordon

I didn't like the new green-white-checkered rule. It takes the fun out of watching an actual finish where the caution will come out on purpose just to end it while there driver is leading it. But on the other hand, it makes all the competitors try hard at all times, instead of just at the end where it really matters.

Gordon is my man, always has been, but I'm seeing lots of potential in him. He is slowly starting to show up near the front every week. Winless and still in the chase. Maybe he's just trying to prove a point about the chase format, where winning isn't everything? It would be neat to see him winless, but yet win the chase.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

1) Brad Keselowski
2) Joey Logano
3) Jeff Gordon

Old 10-30-2015, 08:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Joey Logano
Martin Truex Jr.
Jeff Gordon

Old 10-30-2015, 10:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

By the way Brent it would take a full in car audio for the 51 for the last 30 laps to convince me the 51 didn't blow up for Junior. He puled thru pit road behind the 88 and didn't stop. And if you think junior was 25 laos away from being lapped you're wrong. He was about 3-5 seconds ahead of the 51 as I recall. The 51 git lapped and blew up when the pack cleared him. The 88 was maybe 30-40 lengths ahead of the leader.

If you don't think Hendrick would do this then go look at the 1995 Hooter 500. Hendrick started Shradrr on a spare car. Shrader putted as the race started for a few laps to ensure he stayed behind Gordon since the 24 had to finish 42nd or better to lock up the title. The convicted felon has a history of doing that.

It's like that time Pemske had Gilliland roll over at Richmond to get Logano in the Chase. They all do it. Harvick is an @$$ but that may have been a caution free race were it not for the felon that Bill Clinton pardoned

Old 10-31-2015, 03:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was watching RaceView and Jr was still a straightaway+ on the leaders. Its still irrelevant because Jr would have got his lap back and still made his way back to the front. He was not desperate and still really fast.

Furthermore, my whole point isn't what teams are trying to do to win. My point is that NASCAR is playing favorites. More specifically, playing favorites with Harvick. Why they do this and don't favorite Jr is beyond me because that would be hugely popular, but you can't say Nascar does Jr any favors officiating.

What Harvick did last week wasn't an attempt to win (like Joey vs. Matt the week before). Harvick successfully ended the race early and screwed everyone. I am being unbiased and influenced by justice - I hate Newman and certainly wanted Harvick over him last year in the Championship, but he doesn't deserve it this time. Harvick is cheating, cheating other drivers and NASCAR is helping him.

You Duane are throwing out a total bias theory based solely on your disdain for your felon friend Hendrick that has nothing to do with Dale Jr. I could give a rats *** about Rick Hendrick

Old 10-31-2015, 06:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
As far as I'm concerned, you'll have a hard time convincing me that the Hendrick team didn't cheat and order the 51 to blow his engine to save Jr on lap 120 or so there. Hendrick has a history of this... he started Ken Sharder in the 1995 Hooters 500 and he parked before the race even started, giving Gordon a few laps in case he needed it. This was a sure way to prevent Gordon from finishing 43rd and losing the championship to Dale Earnhardt. Plus, Hendrick is a convicted felon who received a pardon.

What does it all mean? Not all drivers or teams cheat, but all winners cheat. Penske is guilty too. THe year that MWR scandal broke out, Penske had another car slow down and let Logano pass to get into the Chase.

Harvick cheated. He cheated by taking out 15 cars. But Hendrick cheated, Penske cheated, and now you just have a runaway sport where all winners cheat.

Anywho, I guess I'll drop Blaney since he isn't racing and put Almirola back in.

1) Brad Keselowski
2) Joey Logano
3) Aric Almirola
Your analogy sounds good, I met Kenny Schrader back in 1998 at a track in Iowa, he thought I was the Real Dale at first. After visiting with him for a time. I found one thing out, he didn't show the excitement that I found in other drivers that I met who were better than average winners. I think he won some on other racing venues maybe once in Nascar he just happened to be there when it was over. Didn't quite give the 25 Car the same limelight at Tim Richmond did.
So did Harvick do what he did on purpose?!?!?!? we as fans are not as savy as the drivers on how they can stay in the hunt, I would have tried to stay in the hunt so did Harvick.
However now that we all know what the rules are Wreckers or Checkers as they say!!!

Old 10-31-2015, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Some highlights from my weekend!! Here are the videos for my 2 laps at Talladega!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51NQ...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8d6...ature=youtu.be

Aero Warriors at Atlanta Motor Speedway - 1968 Ford Torino. - YouTube

The two arrows.. one is on a friend of mines '72 Challenger, and the arrow to the right of my car. My car is behind an orange Torino and in front of the only GM in the group, a Camaro pace car from a 1969 Camaro.

My car is hte one iwth the trunk open, I was helping hte David Pearson car and its carb adjustments. My Torino is the one with an open trunk, and the car beside me has a hood open.

That must have been really fun to go around the Talladega Track.

If I recall when these vintage cars were racing that is all you saw in Nascar was Fords and Mopars.
However back home in the late 60's and early 70's I had the hottest Chevelle in western Iowa, and these guys showed up to challenge me to a race. It was kind of like in the westerns when some fast draw guy was always being challenged for his title. I never started with a title but I owned a car that looked exactly like one that had been beaten by the Torino's, Roadrunners, and GTX's. They were relentless, and I walked all over everyone of them.
Mine was a 69 Chevelle SS in a Daytona Yellow. I even had a Charger with a Hemi want to race me. He was all flash and no cash. This was 1/4 mile from a stop. Sometimes they had me off the line but it didn't last. The one guy that got close enough to get me had another Chevelle with a small block, we argued about that for a few weeks.
Great memories.
Glad you got to run on the track it must have been great!!!!!

Old 10-31-2015, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
Question

I've known a few clutches to go in on queue... it can be done. It would be cool if Allgaier had an onboard, I'd like to see that myself.

I believe Harvick replaced the man you're talking about though. Maybe he is carrying on that tradition.

But you know Boy Blunder France is sitting in his motor home just laughing all of this up because it's getting him publicity.

And honestly, that race was going to have a fuel mileage winner if not for this incident too. So instead of Biffle and the Red Sox stealing a win, he gets a controversial finish. Whoopty doo.

It's almost like watching wrestling.

Remember that time Kyle Petty got penalized for "aggressive driving" at Charlotte? They pitched a fit about Earnhardt never getting penalized. The next week at Dover, Petty's car looked like this.

The Green white Checker sucks, they need to put it back the way it used to be. It all started at Talladega, that we have that stupid stuff.
(I love the Boy Blunder thing makes sense!!) good analogy, He is the main reason why the grandstands are empty. The Chase thing sucks, if your the Champion its cause you won the most races in the season and led the most laps and had the most top 5's and 10's not cause you were in the playoff's they tried to make it like the ball games and it isn't working, to attract more fans.
I used to watch every race and now it's if I remember to catch it!?!?