NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Atlanta/SunNight

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS
Exactly the rule is the rule
Actually,
My original posting was on the 25th ....

So, the changes I made hadn't a counted.... I would have still had my original picks.. which were the same that I had used the last 4 races...

Not hard to figure out what my picks were then 48,88,78....

However, in the past Duane did make it 30 mins before the green flag...
(As he mentioned earlier) I made my change in picks around 40 some minutes before that....So I had 10 mins to the good according to the 30 minute rule...

Congradulations Evan!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Works for me.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM

Ouch that one hurt. Had a shot at the win till the Duece lost his engine

Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Evan got his 2nd win in the past 4 races... so he is doing well right now.

The championship, in my opinion, is now down to the three of us... myself, Devin, and Keane I believe will battle this thing out until Homestead. 50 points is "comfortable" for me, but so much can happen and one bad race could knock me out of the points lead still.

Personally, New Hampshire has always been "hot and cold" for me, Dover has always sucked for me... video games, fantasy leagues, whatever.... we have to survive Talladega, and we always have wild card engine detonations, abd restarts, accidents, and fuel mileage races...

Last year, Richmond was crazy coming down to fuel mileage, and a late race restart screwed it up for a lot of us. Richmond could be a crazy wild card race for this championship and the segment. I'll post a rundown for that one tomorrow.....

Remember, next week is another Saturday night race!

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

It's his cowboys rules so if he says cool it cool but
he told me that not to change the original post or it was my understanding that you would be Dqed if you changed it with in that 1 hr before the race.
and it was with in hour so that is all I can go off of is what he told me the rules were . But if it now a 1/2 hr that is good for everyone to know that the rules changed in the last couple of weeks .thats all I am trying to say
I am not trying to get my points back just understand the rules
I like you at the Watkins glen race was the 4 th post but I still got the penalty and allways pic the same cars weekly

Last edited by Blazed SS; 09-01-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 PM

Wow I was confident till edwards did bad and I thought most of the harvickers woulda won. Good night though . I saw the nascar schedule on tv say the season ends in phoenix nov 17?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 AM

5 Year Member

Blazed, I know it is unfair... the rule of "1 hour" had worked so long. But like I said, I had begun fudging it and it was just getting out of control.

It's kind of like a highway patrolman and the speedlimit. The speed limit is 70, and then people start running 71... 72... 75.. 80... then eventually someone runs 90 and gets a ticket. Where is the speed limit really at then?

That's how the 1 hour rule was getting. I said one hour, but when it came down to it, I didn't enforce it that way.

The reason I had told you to post a new post was that if you wanted to change picks and were concerned about the time, I could still see the original picks and use those. I edit my picks all the time, but Ido'nt do it within 1 hour of race time. And as also stated, if I see an edit mark, I do'nt know what the original picks were or what the original post said.

So I'm hoping I can fix the problem with a more "hard line" rather than a "soft line." When engines are cranked, the race is pretty much beginning.... like, within 10 minutes usually. Plus, people can't change their picks just because their guy can't get his engine fired....

Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Blazed, I know it is unfair... the rule of "1 hour" had worked so long. But like I said, I had begun fudging it and it was just getting out of control.

It's kind of like a highway patrolman and the speedlimit. The speed limit is 70, and then people start running 71... 72... 75.. 80... then eventually someone runs 90 and gets a ticket. Where is the speed limit really at then?

That's how the 1 hour rule was getting. I said one hour, but when it came down to it, I didn't enforce it that way.

The reason I had told you to post a new post was that if you wanted to change picks and were concerned about the time, I could still see the original picks and use those. I edit my picks all the time, but Ido'nt do it within 1 hour of race time. And as also stated, if I see an edit mark, I do'nt know what the original picks were or what the original post said.

So I'm hoping I can fix the problem with a more "hard line" rather than a "soft line." When engines are cranked, the race is pretty much beginning.... like, within 10 minutes usually. Plus, people can't change their picks just because their guy can't get his engine fired....

Heres a suggestion Duane.....

If someone makes his picks early (Like I did)
and then deceides to change them (Like I did)
Maybe we should do it like this?

original picks would be...
If you deceide you want to change your pics... Just click edit and write

New Picks

This way at least...youll be able to recall what the original picks were, Incase it becomes an issue in the future....

Good Idea? Or Bad Idea?
Just something I drempt up last night...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 AM

5 Year Member

Istill don't know that yo udidn't actually change the original picks too.....

Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Istill don't know that yo udidn't actually change the original picks too.....
Since I don't know when or how often you check and write down ev1's picks for the race..... (You'd think EV1 would be honest about there picks)

Or maybe its to much added work for you to check every so often to jot down there pics... to eliminate someone from "Cheating" there pic choices ...originals vs changed picks...

Ok so,
Maybe it isn't the "Perfect" idea....

It was just a passing thought...

Quick Reply: Picks/Atlanta/SunNight