NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NationwidePicks/Phoenix/SaturdayEvening

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 04:53 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NationwidePicks/Phoenix/SaturdayEvening

I'm getting this up a little earlier this week. Butch is hard to beat at this point. I've lost track of how many in a row he's won.

Anyway, here are my picks

Kyle Busch
Brad K
Regan Smith

Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I'll take my usual set!

1) Brad Keselowski
2) Trevor Bayne
3) Chris Buescher

Go team Mustang!

Old 11-05-2014, 04:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bowman is in the #5 again. I think he did well last time, but I'm still not pickin' him

1. Chase Elliott
2. Brad K
3. Pyle Buschit

Old 11-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Picks

#1 Kyle Busch
#2 Keselowski
#3 Larson

Old 11-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

#3 Ty Dillon
#7 Regan Smith
#9 Chase Elliot

Old 11-08-2014, 12:54 PM

15 Year Member

I won't be able to watch live this week. We're having a birthday party for my 6 year old daughter, so I'll be checking in later after its all over and I've had a chance to watch the PVR'd raced

Old 11-08-2014, 01:18 PM

Chase Elliott
Kyle Busch
Alex Bowman

Old 11-08-2014, 08:00 PM

15 Year Member

Not much activity this thread!

*rolls into Victory Lane*

I'm pretty sure my 3 top 5's add up to my first Nationwide win! And I am even more excited for Chase to win the Championship! I've become a big fan and I can't think of a way this young man has disappointed me yet. This time last year, Chase Elliott did not even have a NASCAR ride in any series having only run a handful of truck series races (and won in Bowmanville where we made a baby). The whole #9 team was thrown together "last minute" and produced amazing results. Big things for crew chief Greg Ives next year as Dale Jr's crew chief and I have enjoyed watching him make terrific calls for Chase this year.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Default =race at phoenix =

Sorry `Brent & Member's,
I know that MCF Sgt Major Drew has not been feeling to good & I hope he checks in & lets us know..

Below is a update on the Race.
BRAD KESELOWSKI WINS NATIONWIDE RACE AT PHOENIX

November 08, 2014, Seth Livingstone, NASCAR Wire Service

Late caution allows veteran to pass Kyle Busch for victory
RELATED: Race results | Series standings <Click
AVONDALE, Ariz. - Brad Keselowski took advantage of a late-race caution to edge Kyle Buschfor a Nationwide Series victory at Phoenix International Raceway, but Chase Elliott was the day's big winner at Saturday's DAV 200 - Honoring America's Veterans.

FULL SERIES COVERAGE

Elliott, the 18-year-old son of 1988 Sprint Cup championBill Elliott, finished fifth to clinch the NASCAR Nationwide Series title, becoming the first rookie to accomplish the feat. The Elliott family joined the Pettys, Pearsons, Jarretts and Earnhardts in becoming families with father-son national touring series champions.
Elliott, who won races at Texas, Darlington and Chicagoland this season, did what he needed to, finishing ahead of JR Motorsports teammate Regan Smith, who entered the race 48 points behind Elliott in the series standings and ran 10th.
Elliott said he wasn't sure how to celebrate his series triumph. "I wasn't sure if it was OK to do a burnout lap or not," he said. "But I did one anyway because I was too excited not to.
"I never would have even believed this was in my future. At the beginning of this season I had only run a couple of truck races. I feel lot of this is just due to the group of guys I was able to work with. Those guys were bringing me super-fast cars every week."
Elliott's NAPA Auto Parts Chevrolet did what Busch's Toyota could not do -- survive a green-white-checkered finish after Alex Bowman was slow on the track, bringing out a race-changing caution flag with slightly more than a lap to go.
To that point, Busch had been dominant, seemingly on his way to his eighth win in 25 starts this season by leading 187 of the race's 206 laps.
But Keselowski had other ideas, swooping to the inside and driving past Busch in Turn 1 of the final lap to prevent Busch from winning his fourth consecutive Nationwide start at Phoenix.
"We didn't give up," Keselowski said. "Kyle was really fast – probably a 10th (of a second) or two faster than everybody. Then, that yellow came out and I really don't know what happened. I think we grabbed a gear and he slipped.
"It was a little bit surreal. I really didn't even know the race was over. We were low on gas in that whole (end-of-race) situation."
Busch was similarly at a loss for words.
"The Monster Energy Camry was faster than everyone else – just not at the right time," said Busch, who said he knew he was in trouble when Keselowski's car "cut better than mine in Turns 3 and 4.
"I tried to let him go into (Turn) 1 and cut back underneath, but my (car) wouldn't turn," Busch said. "(Right there) his stuff doesn't turn but it still turned better than ours 'cuz he still got me."
Neither Keselowski nor Busch are eligible for the series title because they are full-time Sprint Cup Series drivers.
For much of the race, Smith appeared primed to put his teammate's title hopes on hold. But Smith struggled after leaving the pits with 29 laps to go after taking left side tires on a yellow-flag pit stop. Elliott leaped from ninth to sixth in the running order and held serve the rest of the way.
Busch took fresh tires during that same caution and restarted fifth. The strategy seemed to pay off as he easily got around Keselowski, Elliott Sadler and Bowman, each of whom elected to forego the pits on that final stop.
But Keselowski made it happen in the final two laps of his Nationwide Series campaign.

"We have a great team," said Keselowski, who did not finish worse than fourth in any of his 10 Nationwide starts this season. "I'm proud to be a part of it. It's been a phenomenal year and I'm going to remember this one for a long time."

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Last edited by Space; 11-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply: NationwidePicks/Phoenix/SaturdayEvening