NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR 2Day 3/7/10 @ Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up NASCAR 2Day 3/7/10 @ Atlanta

Hi Member's,
Post your Top 3 picks for Atlanta this SunDay on Fox starting @ noon.
Also, Whose causes the first caution ?
How many Caution Flags ?
EnJoy the `Race : )

Junior hits 192 mph for pole at Atlanta

Earnhardt now looks to ride momentum to good finish in the race.
393 Comments
Junior's pole run

Busy body

Kyle Busch has become accustomed to full weekends but this year is a little different when the Truck Series is in town. The new owner has more responsibility.

Cup: Lineup | Practice 1 | Video: Busch on front row | Truck: Practice 1 | Practice 2
Atlanta
Clear 30°
Forecast

Cobb committed to driving full time

Puts up funding for her truck through own online clothing business.
22 Comments
Career Statistics

Sound Off: Still a lot of questions remain

Burton, Biffle, Martin comment on the spoiler and how it will change the racing.
Eyeing Martinsville

Fans share stories of first race experience

Raygan Swan talks to fans who will always remember first race.
80 Comments
More from Raygan

Six 2009 Chasers mired deep in points

Good news for all is they have been successful at Atlanta in the past.
47 Comments
Weather Blast

Hornaday ready to restart season at AMS

Slow start nothing new for four-time Truck Series champion.
10 Comments
New crew chief

NASCAR.COM Uncut:
RCR's Clint Bowyer

Clint Bowyer talks with NASCAR.COM about the strong start he and RCR have had this season.
Sound Off: Logano

Rutledge at Large:
Hard headed

Rutledge Wood visits Beam Designs and gets to help create a helmet for Tony Stewart.
NASCAR on SPEED

..Source: Nascar.com

Last edited by Space; 03-07-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:27 AM

Lineup

Click on Lineup above
and make your picks for SunDay's Race.

Space Picks
1. Dale Jr
2. Mark Martin
3. Jeff Gordon

I hope Joey Lagano does good. I wish I was
in his position 4-Sure : )
Gett'in paid to do what U luv 2 `do 'Race : )

9 cautions
Robby Gordon causes first caution ?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 AM

1. Kyle Busch
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Gordon

8 Cautions
Kevin Conway causes first.
Dave Blaney finishes last.

Looks like Space is gonna keep picking Lagano and Jr until they win and I'm stuck picking Kyle Busch until he does... and yes I hate his personality too, but the man can flat drive a race car.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Default nascar pics

I am going to go out on a limb and pick.......

1. Dale Jr.
2. Kyle Busch
3. Mark Martin

With respect to all the "Said Heads"
Last. Boris
First Wreck. Kevin Conway
Cautions. 5

.....yeah and here come the " out on a limb" photos...LOL

Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I'll give into this I don't know who qualified where but what the heck...

1 Kevin Harvick
2 Jimmie Johnson
3 Dale Jr

first caution, Juan Pablo Montoya
and finishing last will be Digger, honestly couldn't say for that matter

Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 AM

E-Z does it

Eluding danger for most of Saturday's E-Z-GO 200, Kevin Harvick drove his No. 2 Chevrolet ahead of several wrecks and into Victory Lane at Atlanta.

Atlanta: Unofficial Results | Unofficial Standings | Video: Final Laps | Post-Race
Atlanta
Clear 33°
Forecast

Scott's historic start honored at Atlanta

Driver is first African-American to drive in NASCAR's top division.
18 Comments
Atlanta Cup tickets

Victory Lane: Harvick wins E-Z-GO 200

Kevin Harvick gets his first Truck Series win of 2010 at Atlanta and the seventh of his career.
Hornaday slams wall

Good times keep rolling for No. 88

Junior continues to be fast at Atlanta; Biffle forced to backup.
116 Comments
Biffle to backup

Johnson has it all, except a nickname

Everybody else has one. Then there's Jimmie. Plain 'ol Jimmie.
714 Comments
Atlanta: Practice 3

No. 99 looking to recreate magic

Edwards is hoping Atlanta can rekindle his Cup breakthrough.
32 Comments
At the Track: ATL

Johnson closing in on 50, but then what?

Gordon fastest to reach mark, but says the pace is hard to maintain.
105 Comments
Atlanta: Practice 2

Full weekends take on an added twist

Kyle Busch has more responsibility when Trucks come to town.
58 Comments
Busch on front row

Cobb committed to driving full time

Puts up funding for her truck through own online clothing business.
61 Comments
Career

Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

1 Jeff Gordon
2 Kevin Harvick
3 Jimmie Johnson

Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 AM

Hi Member's, How did you do on your picks I didn't do 2 good, but I did pick the driver that caused the first caution.
I watched the first 30 laps, *Slept & Bum's woke me `up for the last 20 laps....Congrat's `Kurt.
Do you think Carl Edwards was wrong for knocking out #`12 car ? ? ?

Spring has sprung for Busch

Kurt Busch won his second consecutive spring race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, making his move on consecutive green-white-checkered restarts.

Atlanta: Unofficial Results | Unofficial Standings | Lap-by-Lap | Shop: Winner's gear!
Atlanta
Clear 40°
Forecast

NASCAR looks closely into 'retaliation'

Will reserve judgment until studying incident between Edwards, BK.
2134 Comments
Race Video

Addington finds vindication in Atlanta

Crew chief pleased he found Victory Lane before his former team.
24 Comments
Press Pass: Busch

Those with tire issues blame Goodyear

Some drivers unhappy but manufacturer defends AMS race tire.
43 Comments
SHR cars to the rear

'Fan Finish' puts capper on Atlanta

Kyle Petty and the SPEED gang answer questions regarding the Kobalt Tools 500.
Busch joins SPEED

Edwards sends Keselowski airborne

Edwards gets into the back of Keseslowki, flipping the No. 12 car. BK was OK.
BK taps Edwards

Final Laps: Busch wins at Atlanta again

Takes control on two green-white-checkered restarts for third overall win at AMS.
Victory Lane

Press Pass: Kenseth runner-up at AMS

Has four top-10s to open the season including consecutive top-fives; now second in points.
Post-Race Reactions

Press Pass: Third again at Atlanta

Montoya posts his second consecutive third-place finish at AMS and third top-five there.
SPEED 'RaceDay'

Last edited by Space; 03-08-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:05 PM

THE BIG STORY

Kurt Busch overpowered the field on two green-white-checker restarts to win Sunday's Kobalt Tools 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He finished .482 second up on Valvoline Ford driver Matt Kenseth. Juan Pablo Montoya, Kasey Kahne and Paul Menard completed the top five. Brad Keselowski wasn't hurt after flipping in the closing laps as a result of contact with Carl Edwards. Kevin Harvick (ninth) is 26 points ahead of Kenseth.
Also: Simona De Silvestro will drive in the IndyCar Series for Team Stargate Worlds/HVM Racing. Milka Duno will compete for Dale Coyne . . . The Atlantic series will not happen in 2010 due to the economy and shortage of funded drivers . . . USF1 will not be on the grid when the Formula One season starts and is not expected to field a team this year . . . Kurt Busch will drive a 1970 Dodge Challenger in the Super Gas class at NHRA's March 14 Gatornationals . . . Josh Herrin won the Daytona 200 on a Yamaha . . . Joey Saldana won Saturday night's World of Outlaws feature in Tulare, Calif.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Dale Earnhardt Jr. won the pole Friday at Atlanta with a 192.761 mph lap. Greg Biffle crashed in final practice and started last in a backup Ford. Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman moved to the back after engine changes. Sunday, Kyle Busch took the lead on lap one. Robby Gordon crashed on lap four. Kasey Kahne took the top spot on lap 14. David Ragan got into the wall on lap 35. On the restart, Brad Keselowski had contact with Carl Edwards that forced Edwards up into Joey Logano. About lap 114, Earnhardt pitted under green with what he thought was a loose wheel and dropped to 31st. Several drivers had tire problems. On lap 115, Mark Martin spun coming out of turn four. Kurt Busch led Juan Pablo Montoya. Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon had green-flag stops for tire issues, and Gordon was penalized for a pit speeding violation. The next yellow came when Logano had a tire problem. Jimmie Johnson, in the top five, pitted under green because of a tire vibration. Kahne came out ahead after a round of green pit stops. With 100 laps left, there was a debris caution, and Kurt Busch led Kahne. Front-runner Denny Hamlin was next to the pits to change tires and he later caused a caution with a flat. On that restart, Max Papis and Elliott Sadler tangled. With three laps to go and Montoya closing down on leader Kurt Busch, Edwards tagged Keselowski on the front stretch. Keselowski's Dodge flipped over onto its roof but landed on its wheels. NASCAR parked Edwards for rough driving. The leaders pitted: Clint Bowyer, Paul Menard and Jamie McMurray all took just two new tires and got out first, followed by Kurt Busch and Montoya, with four new tires. Kurt Busch got to the lead coming out of turn two and then there was a yellow, with McMurray, Martin, Bowyer, Martin Truex Jr., Kyle Busch and Hamlin involved in a wreck. Kurt Busch's Dodge cleared the field on the next restart and took the checkered flag ahead of Matt Kenseth, who qualified 14th. Busch averaged 131.294 mph with 11 yellows for 53 of the 341 laps. Scheduled race distance was 325 laps. Noteables: Johnson, 12th; Stewart, 13th; Earnhardt, 15th; Jeff Gordon, 18th; Hamlin, 21st; Martin, 33d.

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 14 laps to go and won Saturday's E-Z Go 200 at Atlanta. His self-owned Chevrolet finished 1.3 seconds ahead of Kyle Busch's Toyota. Busch got fender damage in a first-lap incident. Aric Almirola was third in a Tundra. A flat tire caused Ron Hornaday Jr. to crash on lap 16. Harvick averaged 120.926 mph with six yellows for 27 of the 130 laps. Todd Bodine spun but finished fifth and is four points up on Timothy Peters (seventh).

Rolex Sports Car Series

Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas won Saturday's Grand Prix of Miami, at Homestead-Miami Speedway, by .255 second over David Donohue and Darren Law. Donohue, in the Brumos Porsche Riley, closed on Pruett's BMW Riley several times after a restart with just under 15 minutes to go, but couldn't make the pass after 129 laps in the two-hour, 45-minute event. Law was the leader, but as he pitted on lap 81, a GT class car caught fire on pit road and that cost him time. Alex Gurney and Jon Fogarty were third in a Chevrolet Riley. The winners averaged 107.196 mph. In GT, Jeff Segal and Emil Assentato won in a Mazda RX-8.
=

Racer of the Week

Scott Pruett. Holds off David Donohue to win the Grand-Am race in Homestead.

Yes, He REALLY Said That

Jeff Gordon, on the Delta Wing car. "I thought it was a joke. Is it not a joke? I thought it was the Batmobile. It looks a little too Batmobile-ish to me. I'm hoping that's a concept and that something realistic comes out of it that is unique and different. I give them credit for being ambitious. But I think that's a little too ambitious."

This Weekend

NASCAR takes the weekend off. IndyCar opens in Brazil. Formula One goes in Bahrain. NHRA blasts into Gainesville.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Default Cousin Carl....

What Carl did was wrong. I like "Cousin Carl" for the most part.
He's a hard one to figure out ? He can be real nice and seem innocent but when he does things like that, it makes me question
his real character.
He could've killed Brad and maybe even a fan. D.W. has good advice
for this stuff. Wait till the race is over........Go talk to the driver after
both have cooled down...then settle it lke Men and go on. It's over.

I missed my picks all over the place...... Dang O Tires !

Quick Reply: NASCAR 2Day 3/7/10 @ Atlanta