NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR ?`s

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default NASCAR ?`s

[align=center][/align][align=center]Hi Members,[/align][align=center]Who is still a NASCAR fan ?[/align][align=center]Do you watch the races ?[/align][align=center]Who is your favorite driver ?[/align][align=center]Who do you think will win the championship this year ?[/align][align=center](Post your answers)`thanks[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
SCHEDULE
2009 Sprint Cup Series Race Schedule

Next Race Daytona02/07 at 8 p.m. ET Saturday on FOX [/align][/align]Click below for complete schedule[/align]http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2009/data/schedule.html[/align][/align]

Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Default RE: NASCAR ?`s

well the end of the 2008 season i was a big fan of dale jr. and jeff gordon... but i havnt been into it recently been working to much to keep up with anything besides MCF haha been on here alot but rooting for jeff gordon this year hope he does well....

Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

here's my 2 favorites

Jeff Gordon has always been my favorite since day one when i started liking Nascar, but i'm really starting to like kyle too, i liked him back when he started @ hendrick, and he's getting to be really good now

Old 01-27-2009, 08:08 AM

wish i could be a NASCAR driver im a sppedjunkie please dont confuse that with drug haha

Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I grew up watching nascar. Was a Rusty Wallace fan. We used to take the RV and go to Pocono, Nazareth, and Dover racetracks and camp in the infield from Thurs-Sun. They were the best family vacations. I stopped watching really when Rusty retired and I just am always doing stuff on weekends now.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Not a fan anymore - haven’t watched a race in 2 years. Ever since Dale’s passing it has not been the same. I am very old school and loved the Winston Cup years. All of the vets are retiring so I am not into it anymore.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 AM

Well yeah old school NASCAR was good.... i kinda like this younger more aggresive drivers, they take you by suprise with how they drive kinda fun to watch never know what is going to happen now a days you know just depends on how you look at it you know what im saying....

Old 01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Nah. It bores me.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 PM

I love older nascar races my self..btw that movie The Ride of Their Lives is GREAT.IMO. but anyway I'm a Dale Jr. fan mostly. I find myself routing for clint boyer alot as well. The past two seasons, especially last, my dislike of Jeff Gordan has changed. I've never denied he's one of the best drivers ever and top 3 of the modern era but recently I've been routing for him. I want him to win again. I think besides Dale Jr, he's one of those real good drivers with the worst luck. Just the opposite of busch and johnson.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 AM

Thanks members for your posts/input about NASCAR

[hr]

NASCAR UPDATE:[/align]
2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series StorylinesPosted by admin in News

Johnson Looks to Make History – Again
Last season, Jimmie Johnson became the first driver in 30 years to win three consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championships. In 2009, he’ll try to make it four straight – something that’s never been accomplished in the series’ history.
With crew chief Chad Knaus back atop the pit box, all the ingredients are there. One problem: The bull’s eye on the No. 48 team is even bigger. Plenty of teams are looking to knock them off. For instance…
Edwards, Busch Near Goal
This close. That could’ve been the catchphrase for both Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch in 2008. Only a couple missteps – errors eventual champ Jimmie Johnson avoided – derailed their respective championship hopes.
Edwards won a series-high nine races during 2008, finishing second in the points standings. Only an accident at Talladega and engine troubles at Lowe’s Motor Speedway during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup kept him from hoisting the championship trophy.
A winner of eight “regular season” races, Busch came into the Chase as the top seed – and runaway favorite. But engine trouble in the first two Chase events derailed his title hopes.

Read the rest of this entry »
ShareThisTags: Cup Series, Sprint Cup Series [/align] No Comments »

Feb 04 2009 [/align][/align]
Media picks Edwards over JohnsonPosted by admin in News[/align]
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 4, 2009) – The media have spoken, and it predicts Carl Edwards will end Jimmie Johnson’s championship stranglehold.
In a media poll asking members of the media to forecast 2009’s final top 12, Edwards received almost twice the first place votes as Johnson. Edwards finished with 70 first-place votes, compared to Johnson’s 37.
Despite his proven dominance in winning three consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series titles, Johnson could not muster a majority of the support from the 198 voters who cast a ballot.
“It is an unreal compliment for 70 [media members] to think that I will win it all,” Edwards said. “It’s just great. What Jimmie has done is spectacular. For the media to say they think that I might be able to stop that is pretty neat.”
NOTE: Kerry Murphey from The Final Lap voted for Jimmie Johnson to win his 4th Cup Championship in a row.

Read the rest of this entry »
ShareThisTags: Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Media Votes, Top 12 drivers for 2009 [/align] No Comments » [/align]

Moss hires crew chiefs; obtains No. 5 for SkinnerPosted by NASCAR.COM - Craftsman Truck Series Headlines in nascar.com[/align]Randy Moss Motorsports on Wednesday announced that Eric Phillips and Doug Wolcott will assume duties as crew chiefs for the team's two full-time Toyotas in the 2009 Camping World Truck Series season.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_truck/~4/532158630" width=1> [/align][/align]

JTG Daugherty names McDowell driver of No. 47Posted by NASCAR.COM - Nationwide Series Headlines in nascar.com[/align]JTG Daugherty Racing announced that Michael McDowell has been signed to compete in the Nationwide Series for the 2009 season. The 24-year-old Phoenix native will drive the No. 47 Toyota entry owned by Tad and Jodi Geschickter and Brad Daugherty, a former NBA all-star and current ESPN commentator.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_bg/~4/532146590" width=1> [/align][/align]

Back on track: New-look Shootout whets seasonPosted by NASCAR.COM - Sprint Cup Series Headlines in nascar.com[/align]Amid much anticipation, the 2009 Sprint Cup Series officially returns to the track Saturday night.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_cup/~4/532085532" width=1> [/align][/align]

Wimmer to begin N’wide season in No. 40 ChevroletPosted by NASCAR.COM - Nationwide Series Headlines in nascar.com[/align]Shortly after announcing that his team will compete full time in the Nationwide Series for the first time, team owner Curtis Key has named Scott Wimmer to drive the Key Motorsports Chevrolet for the first three races of 2009.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_bg/~4/532165021" width=1> [/align][/align]

Trail Motorsport brings Austin back to NASCARPosted by NASCAR.COM - Craftsman Truck Series Headlines in News[/align]Chase Austin is back and this time, maybe with a deal that won't go south on him.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_truck/~4/518904011" width=1> [/align][/align]

Economy’s woes play role in return to racing rootsPosted by NASCAR.COM - Business in News[/align]Brian France and the NASCAR brain trust had to have felt a twinge of jealousy as they watched another spectacular Super Bowl come to a close.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_business/~4/531835289" width=1> [/align][/align]

Soft TV ad market slices FOX’s revenue projectionsPosted by NASCAR.COM - Business in News[/align]Most of the biggest-spending TV advertisers in NASCAR are cutting back because of the economy or changes in their business, which could leave the sport's broadcasters exposed in an already soft ad market.[IMG]http://rss.nascar.com/~r/rss/news_business/~4/531824353" width=1> [/align][/align]

Audio Podcasts: Our 50th Show…frightening!Posted by admin in News[/align]
CURRENT SHOWS

The Final Lap CHAT Show #50 - TALK

A full Budweiser Shootout preview, Daytona 500 Qualifying explained, our Bud Shootout winner picks, NASCAR folks pass the first drug test, plus a whole bunch more. Hosted by Kerry Murphey and Paul Northrop.[/align]Running time: 00:53:23 | 24.5mb |Subscribe Free
Kerry Chats with Greg Scott from Ford Motor Company

We discuss the new Ford Fusion, their Hybrid Pace-Car, their We Race, You Win promotion, and how NASCAR helps marketing Ford Products[/align][/align]
[/align]
Besides our National Radio shows heard all across the U.S. and Canada, we also usually have two online shows each week. The first is a lively talk show, and for about an hour we discuss everything in the world of NASCAR, great to take on your commute. From race recaps, previews, rumors, tech talk, this show has it all. Our second show is all the weeks NASCAR news in just about 6 minutes, quick, easy, and fun! Check out our shows below. Occasionally we will have a 3rd show interviewing drivers, writers, and other NASCAR newsmakers.[/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: NASCAR ?`s