NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.
View Poll Results: Should Kurt Busch be allow to Race ?
Yes
85.71%
No
0%
I don't care
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

NASCAR*Kurt Busch update 3/6/2015

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question NASCAR*Kurt Busch update 3/6/2015

NASCAR issues statement on Kurt Busch < Click
Even though the Delaware Department of Justice decided not to seek charges against Kurt Busch on Thursday, NASCAR announced that the former champion’s indefinite suspension remains.
NBC on Yahoo Sports

Member's,
Do you think Kurt should be able to race ?
Post/Vote & Let us know ?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I would say that all depends on what kind of domestic abuse policy NASCAR already had in place at the time of the alleged incident.
But, they also did not have enough evidence to press charges, so it's kind of an "iffy" situation.
As shown by previous actions, NASCAR is going to do what they want and write the rules as they go.
If he does have a problem, I hope he gets the help he needs.
If they can prove it happened at a NASCAR track, then it would be their jurisdiction to do something about it, but NASCAR needs to stay out of personal lives away from the track and let the law handle it, IMO

Last edited by P343; 03-06-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Thanks Barbara for being the first to post & comment on this topic. It will be interesting to see what our member's opinions are on this subject (?)

I'm not a fan of Kurt Busch & I don't have enough information about the charges to form a valid opinion on his actions or inactions.

I think if there isn't enough evidence to charge him that NASCAR shouldn't prevent him from racing or earning a living. I'm sure there will be a book written on this issue/story...Fiction or non-fiction...

Look forward to reading what others think about it + creating more activity to keep our forum active ?

Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Exactly...just not enough info really. IF not enough to charge, then why are you messing with someone's career?! But then if there is something they are doing that is hurting the NASCAR name...hmmm not really sure how that should be judged. Kind of a double edged sword.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking I dunno?

Sometimes in the play ground of life we meet folks that are just a bit off the scale.
The story of his girl friend being a trained xxxxxxx.. seems a bit far fetched.
However you have ask yourself why would anybody make that sh*t up?!?!
I have not been able to find a smoking gun? With all the Camera's that are everywhere somebody surely got a pic of this confrontation?

The girlfriend should have a black eye or something. Haven't seen it, yet.
I think it could have been a breakup time and it became bitter?

Personally I think men who beat up Women or Kids are skunks and I have stopped a few incidents in the making.

Daddy always taught me to be a gentleman first and you Treat a Lady like a LADY, I taught my son to do the same thing.

That being said I have also dated a few girls, that when they wanted to play they were Rough, like tackle football rough. I'd go what'd you do that for?!?!? They gave me this sarcastic smile and continued until I had to say back off.

So I am not the Kurt Bush fan either, he bumped Jr. to many times for that!
Should Kurt be allowed to drive? Man if you can't find the smoking gun? then Yah!!!
There is only one thing that could be done to settle this mess? You have to go on the Jerry Springer show and get help?!?!

Last edited by drivernumber3; 03-06-2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2015, 01:52 PM

Thanks Twin`Dale for your post/comment's/opinion on this topic. I'm sure the lawyer's will get involved & press the issue.

I do think that Kurt Bush & his brother are talented Race Car drivers & both should be able to race. I think the other problems should be solved in the criminal or civil courts & not by NASCAR.

I think both brother have attitude problems on the track & that is where NASCAR should step in & impose any violations that occur on the track.

They both are not my favorite drivers, but they both have proven that they can win 4>Sure!

OK, whose next ? I look forward to see what our MCF NASCAR Historian Cowboy 'Duane has to say (?) + other NASCAR Member's (?) I think it's your turn

p.s. Both Bush brothers have had some BAD KARMA lately (WoW) "What goes around > comes around" (just like a oval race track: )>

Old 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Nascar explains

NASCAR explains why Kurt Busch is still suspended

By Jordan Bianchi@Jordan_Bianchi on Mar 6, 2015, 2:57p 15

&lt;img src="https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Ow8bYG0zpWLQkKUVhYdGyuZmZ7c=/0x0:4176x2784/730x487/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45833308/458580136.0.jpg" alt=""/&gt; Tom Pennington/Getty Images

Kurt Busch will not face criminal charges stemming from an incident with his former girlfriend, but remains suspended from NASCAR.
 Tweet Share on Twitter (7) Share Share on Facebook Pin Pinterest 15 Comments

A NASCAR spokesman further clarified why Kurt Busch remains indefinitely suspended during an appearance Friday on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
The Delaware Attorney General's office declined to charge Busch Thursday morning for domestic assault citing "insufficient" evidence. Patricia Driscoll, Busch's ex-girlfriend, alleges Busch grabbed her and slammed her head against the wall three times in an incident last September in his motor home at Dover International Speedway.
NASCAR indefinitely suspended Busch on Feb. 20, two days before the Daytona 500, following a Delaware Family Court issuing a no-contact order against Busch. In the ruling, Commissioner David Jones determined "more likely than not" Busch "committed an act of abuse" against his former girlfriend. He and Driscoll had broken up in the week prior to the incident.

More Kurt Busch

Busch will not be charged for domestic assault

Jordan Bianchi

The former NASCAR champion was accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend last year.

Is Busch’s ex-girlfriend a trained assassin?

Jordan Bianchi

The tale seems implausible, but could Kurt Busch’s ex-girlfriend really be a government assassin who kills drug lords around the world?

More Kurt Busch

Busch will not be charged for domestic assaultIs Busch’s ex-girlfriend a trained assassin?

However, despite Busch not facing criminal charges, NASCAR stated Thursday afternoon and reiterated Friday that the 2004 Cup champion is still banned and must complete the terms and conditions the sanctioning body outlined in his suspension. Busch twice appealed the suspension, but lost both times.
"Our actions were based on what we heard from the Commissioner in the family court of the state of Delaware," said David Higdon, NASCAR vice president of Integrated Marketing Communications. At the time, we knew there was a chance that the Attorney General could go one way or the other and our terms and conditions made it very clear he needed to understand that additional findings in criminal court may affect his eligibility for reinstatement.
"As the Department of Justice was very clear in their statement, they determined that admissible evidence and available witnesses would likely be inefficient to meet the burden of establishing beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed a crime. They are very clear on that, just as the Commissioner in the family court was very clear that they were satisfied with the evidence that was presented at the trial that there was a case here.''
Many fans have taken issue with NASCAR suspending Busch though he was never charged with a crime. In 2013, driver Travis Kvapil was charged and later convicted of domestic violence against his wife, but NASCAR never punished Kvapil.
When asked by the hosts of The Morning Drive why Busch was suspended and Kvapil was not, Higdon explained NASCAR's rationale.
"We learned a lot," he said. "I think (NASCAR chairman and CEO) Brian France has been very clear: If we had to do that over again, we probably would've done it differently. There's no doubt that our knowledge and experience in this case with domestic violence and what we've seen in the world at large has had an impact.
"We said moving forward that the standard was going to be higher. We watched the NFL. We began actually talking to experts in that area when the NFL was going through (the Ray Rice and Greg Hardy cases). We proactively made sure that we understood the issue; we learned about it long before we actually had the situation with Kurt Busch. We had already begun down the path to if we have a situation related to domestic violence we would definitely react differently than with Travis Kvapil.''
Higdon did say NASCAR officials have spoken with Busch since Thursday's ruling and Busch plans to follow the guidelines NASCAR set forth to gain reinstatement. There is no timetable for when Busch's suspension will be lifted and Higdon did not elaborate on the conditions Busch must meet.
In a statement released Thursday, Busch said he "looks forward to being back in racing as soon as possible and moving on with my life."
Regan Smith has driven the No. 41 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet in Busch's absence.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Thanks 'Barbara for the update on this thread topic

WoW, I did not know that Kurt's g/f was a trained assassin
(I'd go in hiding) > I'm surprised she wasn't wired with a camera & recording of this alleged `act (?)

I wonder when the movie will be released ?

I hope that it is resolved & lessons learned.

I think they should drug test everyone involved, or all get 2gether and smoke (?) & work things out peacefully...

Bad for Kurt, but good for Ragan Smith I like him & I hope he does well +

& life goes 'on >until it ends> EnJoy<

Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Two months after the alleged incident she says this **** happened. Then the court says busch more likely than not dI'd something but the da didn't see enough evidence to get a conviction.

My girlfriend said sometimes women are scared to report the kind of thing.

Plus busch is a known *******. He had that incident in Phoenix where Roush fired him, but the next year busch was made an honorary deputy of Maricopa county and apparently the cop was out yo make a name for himself by catching a celebrity.

Thend he had that incident that led to penske firing him. That was with a reporter at homestead.

He also got suspended for his remarks. The next yeat.

But if no charges are pressed I feel he is facing unfair discrimination. I might even pick him when he does come back on fantasy

Old 03-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think his first wife ripped him off spent all his $$$$$$$$$

Quick Reply: NASCAR*Kurt Busch update 3/6/2015