NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

I re-found my admiration for Jeff Gordon

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default I re-found my admiration for Jeff Gordon

Was that a class act yesterday or what????

Old 04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: I re-found my admiration for Jeff Gordon

thats exactly what i was thinking....good entertaining race...would have been nice to see him win...but if he keeps goin the way he's going now he's definetely going to be our champion this year

awesome race...great finish...

Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM

Gordon could have booted Johnson any time he wanted to, and I agree that's good racing. But then I have to remember who, besides Hendrick, owns the 48 Team. What made it even better is the 24 team giving the 48 their setup.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:35 PM

i agree....thats good racin'. but im getting tired of hendrick winning every dang race.....

Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member

Gordon's legacy continues at M'ville despite roadblock

[/b][/align][/align]
var clickExpire = "-1";

MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Jeff Gordon did nothing to hurt his Martinsville legend Sunday, despite a "disappointing" second-place finish in the Goody's Cool Orange 500.
When a rain shower caused a red flag and disrupted the event's flow with a little more than 100 laps remaining, Gordon had already staged a tremendous comeback in his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet to sit fourth.
"Jeff Gordon," crew chief Steve Letarte said when asked the key element of his crew's dogged comeback. "I mean, he put a display on getting back up there.

[/align][/align]

HMS domination
The last time Hendrick Motorsports cars won four races in a row was 1998, until Jimmie Johnson won at Martinsville.
[ul][*]Complete story, click here [/ul][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]"He's a magician here. I wish I knew what he did -- I'd bottle it and sell it. But he knows how to work traffic and he knows how to work lapped cars."
The Hendrick Motorsports leader's return from the low teens midway through the race after a mysterious tire problem ensured that Gordon remained the Nextel Cup points leader for the next two weeks.
The series is idle next weekend to honor the Easter holiday, leaving Gordon 28 points clear of second-place Jeff Burton.
While the last 40 laps of the race will be what people remember when they think of this Martinsville event -- with Gordon and Johnson sparring and trading paint before Johnson won by half a car length, Gordon did a lot to get to that position.
Gordon was running with the leaders at Lap 235 when he went into Turn 1 and his car speared straight ahead. Gordon, thinking he had a flat tire, moved high and plodded around the track until he figured out what was wrong.
He fell back to 15th before a caution flew, enabling his team to assess what had occurred. They never definitively did -- thinking some rubber buildup possibly had fallen out of the fender well and onto the right-front tire.
"I'm disappointed we had our trouble, whatever it was -- maybe a piece of rubber got on the tire," Letarte said. "Jeff did a wonderful job staying out of the wall.
"But it's just frustrating, you know? We come up here to win, and I'm not going to be happy with [anything else] no matter where we started or where we ran.
"I'm happy with the way the car performed, because it's a big task to get this car to turn here, and I feel we've done a pretty good job with that. And [teammate Jimmie Johnson won], so overall, it was a good day."

Gordon missed a chance to tie the late Dale Earnhardt with eight Martinsville victories, but said that was a fan- and media-generated bit of hyperbole that he never considered.
"I use that as zero motivation," Gordon said. "Other than getting asked the question from time to time, I don't even think about it. Once it happens, if it happens then we can talk about it and it'll be cool but there was no point in my career where a race win or a championship was all about trying to match somebody else or break a record with somebody else.

[link

Old 04-02-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bilms01

Gordon could have booted Johnson any time he wanted to, and I agree that's good racing. But then I have to remember who, besides Hendrick, owns the 48 Team. What made it even better is the 24 team giving the 48 their setup.
Question stands..would Gordon have done it to a Rausch car..or even better..a Toyota?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member

Gordon's legacy continues at M'ville despite roadblock

[/b][/align][/align]
var clickExpire = "-1";

MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Jeff Gordon did nothing to hurt his Martinsville legend Sunday, despite a "disappointing" second-place finish in the Goody's Cool Orange 500.
When a rain shower caused a red flag and disrupted the event's flow with a little more than 100 laps remaining, Gordon had already staged a tremendous comeback in his No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet to sit fourth.
"Jeff Gordon," crew chief Steve Letarte said when asked the key element of his crew's dogged comeback. "I mean, he put a display on getting back up there.

[/align][/align]

HMS domination
The last time Hendrick Motorsports cars won four races in a row was 1998, until Jimmie Johnson won at Martinsville.
[ul][*]Complete story, click here [/ul][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]"He's a magician here. I wish I knew what he did -- I'd bottle it and sell it. But he knows how to work traffic and he knows how to work lapped cars."
The Hendrick Motorsports leader's return from the low teens midway through the race after a mysterious tire problem ensured that Gordon remained the Nextel Cup points leader for the next two weeks.
The series is idle next weekend to honor the Easter holiday, leaving Gordon 28 points clear of second-place Jeff Burton.
While the last 40 laps of the race will be what people remember when they think of this Martinsville event -- with Gordon and Johnson sparring and trading paint before Johnson won by half a car length, Gordon did a lot to get to that position.
Gordon was running with the leaders at Lap 235 when he went into Turn 1 and his car speared straight ahead. Gordon, thinking he had a flat tire, moved high and plodded around the track until he figured out what was wrong.
He fell back to 15th before a caution flew, enabling his team to assess what had occurred. They never definitively did -- thinking some rubber buildup possibly had fallen out of the fender well and onto the right-front tire.
"I'm disappointed we had our trouble, whatever it was -- maybe a piece of rubber got on the tire," Letarte said. "Jeff did a wonderful job staying out of the wall.
"But it's just frustrating, you know? We come up here to win, and I'm not going to be happy with [anything else] no matter where we started or where we ran.
"I'm happy with the way the car performed, because it's a big task to get this car to turn here, and I feel we've done a pretty good job with that. And [teammate Jimmie Johnson won], so overall, it was a good day."

Gordon missed a chance to tie the late Dale Earnhardt with eight Martinsville victories, but said that was a fan- and media-generated bit of hyperbole that he never considered.
"I use that as zero motivation," Gordon said. "Other than getting asked the question from time to time, I don't even think about it. Once it happens, if it happens then we can talk about it and it'll be cool but there was no point in my career where a race win or a championship was all about trying to match somebody else or break a record with somebody else.

[URL=h

Old 04-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Soooooo.....what are you trying to say????

Old 04-02-2007, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member

GO GORDON GO!! LOL!

i just bolded the part where he said "i'm not going to wreck my teammate"

Old 04-02-2007, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

GO GORDON GO!! LOL!

i just bolded the part where he said "i'm not going to wreck my teammate"
Yeap, gotta go see ifI have any old Gordon gear I can dig up.

Quick Reply: I re-found my admiration for Jeff Gordon