NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

"I ain't gonna take no s**t," Mark Martin said.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010 | 12:01 PM
|
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Angry "I ain't gonna take no s**t," Mark Martin said.

Juan Pablo Montoya Says Mark Martin Needs Driving Lessons

7/11/2010 12:42 AM ET By Geoffrey Miller

JOLIET, Ill. -- Mark Martin needs driving lessons before the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series reaches Indianapolis Motor Speedway in two weeks, according to Juan Pablo Montoya.

The two made contact on the final lap of Saturday night's LifeLock.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway battling for 15th place, and it led a brief, heated conversation in the garage area.

"He didn't like the way I passed him there on the last lap, (called it) borderline stupid driving and suggested I take some smart driving lessons from him," Martin said while walking briskly from his No. 5 hauler to the motorhome lot.

Before that, Martin had parked his No. 5 car on the opposite side of the garage from his hauler near Montoya, apparently to confront the Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing driver.

"I ain't gonna take no s**t," Martin said.

The coveted 15th spot was credited to Martin, with Montoya bringing his No. 42 home in 16th.

Montoya's comments to the media were even more brief as he followed just seconds behind Martin, both leaving the dark garage area bustling with crew members who prepared and loaded the hot racecars and other equipment into the haulers.

"I gave him room out of [turn] four and we got into [turn] one and he nearly wrecked me, (nearly) wrecked us both," Montoya said before being driven away on a golf cart.

Before Martin -- last year's winner at Chicagoland -- was whisked away to his motorhome, he was asked if he was going to heed Montoya's advice despite being one of the more respected wheelmen in the NASCAR garage.

"Maybe I will," Martin said. "Maybe I do need to drive a little smarter."

Read More: Juan Pablo Montoya Mark Martin NASCAR Fights Sprint Cup NASCAR juan+pablo+montoya, Mark+Martin, martin+driving+lessonns, Martin+Montoya

Attached Thumbnails "I ain't gonna take no s**t," Mark Martin said.-martin-montoya.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-11-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2010 | 07:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Peblo's career-long driving error-free streak continues. He has never made a mistake, but Martin on the other hand is a vicious bastard out there. But everybody knows this....

Old 07-12-2010 | 06:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace

Way to go JPM. Pick a fight with a guy with a temper.

That picture reminds me of this guy:

Ya gotta love R. Lee Ermey!

Attached Thumbnails "I ain't gonna take no s**t," Mark Martin said.-r.-lee-ermey.jpg