NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Forum Nascar bashing and defense

Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Forum Nascar bashing and defense

While I have been a member of this Pontiac Forum for a long time, this is what irratates me. This is going into a 7th page now I think. I have made a couple comments but read what you will of it and tell me what you think. As with all forums, there are just certain people who love to stir it. I could have posted this is off topic but I think this is a better place, reserve it for those who have some knowledge of nascar. I am in no way bashing the Pontiac forum, just wanted to show what people are saying about nascar and see if you agree.

http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=657838

Last edited by 77gp; 02-15-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Never liked NASCAR. Its too boring for me. Make it like it used to be, actual production cars, modified to be competitive. Limit the amount a team can spend and make them use creative ways to increase power instead of just spending as much as they can and then making everyone use restrictor plates.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM

I wouldn't sweat it. How's that saying go... 'Opinions are like ***$%*&s, everybody has one.' Never a shortage of opinions about NASCAR. NASCAR isn't going away anytime soon. Those who don't like it don't have to watch.

I enjoy all kinds of racing. I actually started getting more into Formula One racing last season. Pretty exciting stuff. But I still follow NASCAR. I'm not a rabid fanatic like many in this area, but I still enjoy it, warts and all.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Hi Member Dave, The bums love nascar & racing.I like F1 racing.This is a link that i check on f1 racing http://www.speedtv.com/programs/formula-one

i hope it work for you.Peace out Beach bum Mikes

Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I think NASCAR is incredibly boring, and I just can't stand watching it on TV. But I don't bash people who enjoy it, and I've actually been to 2 Brickyards and had fun. Although I was much younger. I'd go again too. My step-dad likes it, but even he watches the first few laps, takes a nap, and wakes for the end. lol

Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Hi Member Dave, The bums love nascar & racing.I like F1 racing.This is a link that i check on f1 racing http://www.speedtv.com/programs/formula-one

i hope it work for you.Peace out Beach bum Mikes
Good link. Thanks, Beach bum Mike!

Old 02-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think there will always be people who will say that nascar is just a bunch of rednecks driving in circles. I find the races interesting. Even more so when I'm in a pool looking to get points.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wouldn't sweat it either. These guys bashing it "over there" are just bitter because Pontiac pulled out of NASCAR in '00. Then Pontiac closed up. Those guys got a lot to be bitter about!

People who bash NASCAR don't know much about it. Most of what I read in that wasn't even true (ex. Impala and Charger are not v6). A lot of people slam Nascar for "going in a circle", but those people do not understand that "going in a circle" is the only way to bring a race to a live crowd of over 100,000 (regularly exceeded attendance at most NASCAR races). NASCAR does use road courses too (and always has), but they scale it back because these are not fun events to attend - you just can't see the racing unless you watching on TV. "Going in a circle" is also faster.

Its a complicated sport, and I don't expect the casual auto enthusist to grasp it without help. My wife didn't like NASCAR until she met me a was a little more exposed to it. Now it a tie that binds us. I think NASCAR racing may have been better at one time, but I enjoy it more now because the stream of media I have to keep myself so informed. I have Trackpass and other internet tools and television that no other form of racing is coming close to matching. And forums to communicate with other fans and to make more racing buddies!

Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM

Yes,

Cause they have nothing better 2 `do
I prefer`Peace ~> `Love & Happiness
4-Sure

Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM

Not a fan, but I don't hate. It's just really boring imo, I could stomach watching golf or tennis before nascar, at least a sport where athleticism is involved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum Nascar bashing and defense