NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

BRISTOL: 7 p.m. ET Saturday, ABC 8/21/10

Old 08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile BRISTOL: 7 p.m. ET Saturday, ABC 8/21/10

Where's `Brent (JrCar) our MCF Rac'in Reporter...It' time to Post your Top 3 @ Bristol.....I 4-got the race is on 2night....Whose going to Win ? Post your Top 3 Picks......Below from Nascar.com

BRISTOL

7 p.m. ET Saturday, ABC

BRISTOL

Winner: Kyle Busch

BRISTOL

Winner: Kyle Busch

Record-tying run

Kyle Busch took on all comers -- and took out Brad Keselowski -- en route to his 10th Nationwide victory Friday at Bristol in the Food City 250.

Bristol: Results | Standings | Laps | Gallery | Video: Victory Lane
Bristol, Tenn.
Cloudy 72°
Forecast

Final Laps: Spin to win at Bristol

After spinning Keselowski, Busch coasts to his second victory of the week at BMS.
Post-Race Reactions

Busch wrecks Kes in battle for lead

Racing at the front of the field, Busch and Keselowski try to take each other out.
Hits kept coming

Kahne drives up the wall at Bristol

When Allgaier gets forced outside, the No. 38 has nowhere to go but up.
Leaders pile up

Johnson rolls to his first Bristol pole

Four-time Cup champ betters Edwards with lap of 123.475 mph.
336 Comments
Race Tickets

Winless Cup champ? Possible, not likely

Gordon says Chase points system makes wins nearly a necessity.
100 Comments
Drivers discuss

Almirola ready for full-time spotlight

Rearranges schedule to drive Reutimann's No. 00 during Cup practice.
0 Comments
Almirola to drive No. 88

Gilliland puts 38 high on the speed charts

Follows top time in first practice with third-best lap in Happy Hour.
75 Comments
Practice 2 Speeds

Double trouble for A.J. at Bristol

Allmendinger spins out twice during the first practice, leading to slight repairs in rear of car.
Practice 1 Speeds

Old 08-21-2010, 09:21 AM

SPRINT CUP RACE INFO and RUNDOWN PAGE
NEWS, STATS, RESULTS, LINKS and INFO

http://jayski.com/next/2010/24bms2010.htm

Click above link..
Super Racing Site with lots of infor

Old 08-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to play by myself again...No one has posted their Top 3 for the Race.
Below are my picks for 2nights Race

Space Picks
1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Carl Edwards
3. Joey Logano
* Like 2 see Tony do good, & also Ryan Newman

17 cautions
Kyle B causes first caution & comes in last.
(He's won enough this week : )
He's 2 good & Greedy
4-Sure

There's still time to post your picks...
Winner gets a free year membership to the MCF 4-Sure

Old 08-21-2010, 10:27 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

let me say that it was one of the worst I've ever seen at Bristol! The quality just isn't there like it once was... it's close racing, it's tough, it's even good... but it's not the old Bristol... and for years I dealt with it because my man was dominant, but I will admit... we now see a Bristol where a man can basically just run off with it....

NASCAR will undoubtedly pull the passing card. 890 green flag passes under the last race with the old surface, like 2000 with this one.... well, here's the thing, NASCAR, I bet there will be twice as many passes on I-81 leaving Bristol tonight and tomorrow than there was on that track... so how about it? Sell me a ticket along the side of I-81!!!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 11:47 AM

..Hi `Duane, & thanks for your words (post)..I think the majority of our member's are not into NASCAR, and got tired of seeing cookie cutter cars going around in a circle...
I was frustrated with the race, but enjoy the company of my beach bum friends until I had to go to work : )...
Found the below on the web that recaps the race & Kyle

No More

Jeers, insults can’t slow down Busch

By Jay Hart

It’s difficult analyzing at which Kyle Busch is better – driving a racecar or ticking off fans.
Whichever one it is, it’s clear he loves doing the first and can’t help but do the second.
Prior to Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, drivers were instructed to introduce themselves to the crowd. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect, what with Busch’s admitted dump of Brad Keselowski less than 24 hours earlier still very fresh in everyone’s mind. When the microphone came to Busch, who was going for an unprecedented weekend sweep (he had won the Nationwide and Trucks Series races), he was greeted by a wild round of boos.

More From Jay Hart

A young Kyle Busch fan defends her favorite driver.
Getty

“Ohhh, you all are soooo loving. Thank you,” he said before introducing himself. “Kyle Busch, driver of the No. 18 Doublemint Camry. Ready to win it again.”
Moments later, it was Keselowski’s turn.
Brad Keselowski, driver of the Penske Racing Dodge. Kyle Busch is an ***.”
Kudos to Bristol Motor Speedway for coming up with this genius of an idea.
If you thought Busch would be fazed by the boos or Keselowski’s fightin’ words, guess again. He started 19th, barreled his way to the front before the halfway mark (when he muscled his car around Jimmie Johnson), then led most of the final 280 laps to complete one of the most dominant weeks in the history of NASCAR.
In Wednesday’s Truck Series race, Busch drove from back to front to get things started. On Friday night, he refused to bow down to Keselowski, whose nudging of Busch into the wall prompted Busch’s retaliation. Saturday’s win in the Irwin Tools Night Race made Busch the first driver to win all three national series races in the same week since the origination of the Truck Series in 1995.
“I’ve been trying to do this since I got to NASCAR, since I got my NASCAR career,” Busch said. “Fortunately, tonight I was able to get it done, be the first one to do it.”
When asked about Keselowski’s pre-race comment, Busch asked, “Who?”
Told Keselowski drives the No. 12 car, Busch said, “I saw it, but I passed it.”
Busch isn’t worried about Keselowski, whose only relevance in the Cup Series stems from his aggressive driving and the payback it draws. Nor does Busch seem bothered by the sour relationship he has with NASCAR fans. Racing, winning every event and making sure everyone knows he doesn’t care what you think are seemingly Busch’s only priorities whenever he shows up to a race track.
“I do what I’m supposed to do, and to win races is my job,” Busch said. “Secondly, it’s to make [team president] J.D. [Gibbs] happy and [crew chief] Dave [Rogers] and the sponsors and those guys happy. And then thirdly, it’s to try to sell souvenirs. The fans are what drives this sport and what makes us go round and get us here every week. So it’s cool to have them here, and they’re passionate about who they like and who they don’t like.
“I’ve been in this position since the upstart of my career, since I was 16, and it hasn’t changed, and I don’t foresee it changing any time soon,” Busch continued in talking about the reaction he gets from fans. “We’ve asked this question about 50 million times, and I’ll probably get it 25 million more times. You know, you just deal with it, man. You just go out there and do what you can.”
Chase impact
The win moved Busch up five spots in the standings to third. He likely will be the next driver (joining Kevin Harvick and Jeff Gordon) to clinch a spot in this year’s Chase, which Busch missed in 2009.
While there was some shuffling in the standings – Johnson got wrecked by Juan Pablo Montoya, resulting in a 35th-place finish that dropped the four-time defending champion all the way down to ninth – the top 11 drivers still are pretty much set. Clint Bowyer, in a dog fight with Mark Martin for the final spot going into Saturday’s race, further solidified his grip on 12th with a solid fourth-place finish. He now is 100 points clear of Jamie McMurray, whose third-place finish slid him into 13th in the standings.
“It’s a little bit of cushion,” Bowyer said. “Jamie McMurray is 13th now behind me, and he beat me tonight. But we’ve just got to keep doing what we’re doing. If we do that, I don’t think they can catch us

Attached Thumbnails BRISTOL: 7 p.m. ET Saturday, ABC 8/21/10-photo2691.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-22-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So at least one person has got to be asking: Where's JuniorCar?

So, I didn't mean to leave no message, but my internet connection has been crappy (again). I can't read hardly a thing. But the bigger thing is, I was in Bristol! I was there for that crap. And yes, Duane was right - that was a crappy Sprint race. But it was also way better the the truck or Nationwide race.

That truck race was straight up horsesh*t and totally fixed. By the end of it the writing was all over the wall: Nascar wants Kyle Busch to complete this trifecta! I don't know why for sure, but I suspect they get a charge out of having a "record making week-end". I don't know how many watched this truck race or how well it translated on tv, but I'll tell you exactly what happened. On lap 31 (off 200) Sauter made his only intended pitstop. On lap 33 Kyle Busch did. On lap 190 Sauter ran out of gas on track. There should still have been 2 more caution in the race, which would extend the total laps to well over 200. But the second last caution Nascar through the red flag. I can tell you from being there that there was no - zero - "debris" or oil on the track surface. There was not a reason in the world that those truck should not have continued adding laps under yellow (while the apron was cleared) except 1, and only one truck would have run out of gas. Kyle Busch. An the white flag was not in the air when they wrecked with 2 laps to go. That race should have been restarted one more time. Nascar wanted Kyle Busch to win, and nobody was going to overcome that on this night.

And what about that Nationwide wreck? Kyle Busch admittedly wrecked Keselowski intentionally with plenty of time to go in the race. Did anybody not think that a least a "pass-thru" or "end-of-the-longest-line" penalty just might be appropriate? No penalty, no fine, no nothing and Keselowski get made a bitch again. KB at least deserved a punch for that. Kudos to Logano for having the sack to shove Newman (even though he risked a serious *** kickin' - Newman is pretty thick)

So the Sprint Cup race at least looked legit. Junior did okay, but not on the long runs and unfortunately for him, that race ended with some long boring runs. Martin is screwed for the Chase now I think.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 AM

Hi `Brent,
We all missed `You, but were just to lazy to tell `ya
I did not have the opportunity to watch the Truck or
Nationwide race, but did check them `out online...
Not a pretty story 4-Sure.
I agree that it seems that NASCAR is doing everything to
promote & attempt to keep fans, but it seems many
are frustrated with what they are seeing

It's great to that you able to be there `LIVE & absorb
what was going on in PERSON : )
I hope that you had a good time & safe `journey.
It's sad that the race was not more competitive.
I enjoyed the company of my BeachBum friends more
then the race...We ended `up playing cards as
we sporadically watched the race : (

Great to see you back online, and we hope you
get your computer issues resolved...
I 2 am always hav'in `puter prob's
Look 4ward to your future `updates...
Peace/Happy/Out

Old 08-26-2010, 08:08 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member