NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Bringing back number 3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Bringing back number 3?

While browsing some nascar information i came across this article. In my opinion the number 3 should stay retired aside from ocasional appearances. But i dont think the number 3 should be back in sprint cup racing...

Dillon would be open to No. 3 in Sprint Cup Series - Yahoo! Sports

Old 07-06-2012, 06:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

You do realize....That number 3...originally was richard childress's Number..before dale sr had it...

Thats why austin dillion is running that number in Nationwide...

If and when he steps up to cup.....He may just be useing that Number 3

But me like you...
I to think it should stay retired...

No One will ever fill Dale Sr's shoes....EVER!!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:38 PM

I vote for 3 to stay retired..

Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I say keep it retired & put him in the 33

Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say keep it RETIRED ..

Old 07-06-2012, 09:08 PM

I say keep it retired also. I've seen the commercial for something this guys in seems like a nice enough guy but the 3 caught my eye immediately.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

no comment from me, but I don't like it........

Old 07-06-2012, 10:53 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

I believe the styling of the number should be changed. Running it the way ti was on Earnhardt's car just seems wrong. There are endless fonds and designs... use the number if it's got the family history and all, but don't put it on a black car with that styling on it.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I believe the styling of the number should be changed. Running it the way ti was on Earnhardt's car just seems wrong. There are endless fonds and designs... use the number if it's got the family history and all, but don't put it on a black car with that styling on it.
I agree, a black car with a big white number three just wouldn't be right to see out there again.

Being 20 years old I can't say that I was around for all of Dale's run, but it still wouldn't be right in my opinion.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:44 PM

I don't see the big deal about it being back out on the track, i think what the dillon brothers have done in that #3 would make Dale Sr very very proud. I will come right out and say i wouldn't mind it being back in cup, if anyone should be driving it in cup i want a dillon or an earnhardt in it. if dale was still around he wouldn't care if they were running that number.

im pretty good friends with Ty Dillon have known him for the past three years now and he is a really nice person to talk to and hang around with. I have also been able to meet his Brother Austin many times as well and austin is a class act, very nice to his fans and very very talented in a racecar. In my opinion i think Ty is better than Austin, and Ty should be the one to bring the #3 back to cup and Austin should be the #33. Ty was gifted with more racing talent than almost any driver out there, he can wheel both dirt cars and asphalt race cars.

There is no doubt it my mind that the Dillon Brothers will be better than the Busch Brothers in Nascar. They will both have more wins than the Busch Brothers in there careers and will both be Sprint Cup Champions in the years to come.

The Dillon Brothers have a lot of respect for what Dale did in the #3 as well, Hell Dale Jr even called up Austin and said he wouldnt care if Austin raced the #3 in the Cup series. i will walk up to Richard any day and say i would love to see that #3 on the race track in the cup series doing what it was doing in the 80's and 90's winning races and championships.

I know everyone wont ever agree on this but the fact of the matter is that if Richard decides to bring it back its his decision. All there is, is talk about it being brought back to the cup series nothing coming out and saying that it for sure is being brought back.

Richard has always said once both austin and ty are done in the trucks and nationwide series that the #3 will only be driven if the driver is in the childress/dillon family or the earnhardt family which could be any number of drivers on the earnhardt side, kerry's son jeffrey who is very talented just hasn't had any breaks to showcase his talent, kelley's daughter's kennedy or karsyn could be running it in 5-10 years hell karsyn runs the #3 in her go kart class styled just like her grandpa's #3 was. kelley also just had a son a few months back named wyatt and i see him being a big name in the future of nascar along with her two daughters if they stick it out and continue to race.

Quick Reply: Bringing back number 3?