NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ Update Dale Jr. ~

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Default RE: ~ Update Little `E - Dale Jr. ~

I can't see DEI using Ford, but with Theresa I wouldn't bea bit suprised. That is one greedy woman that really doesn't care for her husbands wishes.

It would be cool for him to pick up the 3, as he won't get the 8 to follow. I also don't think he will ever fill his dads shoes, he doesn't have that driving style in him. He's a great driver, but doesn't have his dads.... finese.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:31 AM

if dale jr is gonna drive the #3 car, he is going to have to get....lets say....a little more aggressive. dale sr. was called the intimidator for a reason.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:57 AM

it seems like themost obvious choice would be for him to go the rcr & drive the 3 car. but here's why i think he will end up at jgr.

1) he wants to do his own thing & he's already been accused of getting where he is because of his dad. i.e. he could be the crappiest driver in nascar & rcr would still have the 3 car for him if he wanted it.
2) hms is not an option as they already have 4 teams. i don't think they'd dump mears prematurely. at least i would hope not.
3) he wants to go to an established team with a legitimate chance to compete for a championship.
4) he wants to stay chevy
5) he is good friends w/tony & even though they've been on different teams they have always worked well together. i could see tony making a very strong case at jgr to get jr signed

just my.02, only time will tell

cheers,
glenn

Old 05-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, i definetely can't see him going to a ford team

the thing with hendrick i think it would just be too much controversy with gordon and jr on the same team...if it was hendrick mears would be gone...he's not doing so great this year...especially with his own team mate putting him in the wall

its gotta be either rcr or jg racing
i still think it would be rcr though

Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would love to see him go over to Richard Childres sp? I don't care too much for Hendricks though.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Update for Mod Wiz & Members[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]JGR ponders future with Chevrolet, Earnhardt Jr.
By Dan Gelston, The Associated Press & SpaceReporter of MCF
June 3, 2007
05:23 PM EDT
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

DOVER, Del. -- Joe Gibbs Racing is negotiating to bring Chevrolet back next season and might be talking with Dale Earnhardt Jr. to come along for the ride.
No doubt, there's been plenty going on behind the scenes at Joe Gibbs Racing during the past week, and team officials have stayed tightlipped on all the swirling speculation.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]From the possible signing of Earnhardt, NASCAR's hottest free agent, to overtures made by Toyota, racing team president J.D. Gibbs has plenty to consider in the next few weeks.
If Gibbs is serious about bringing Junior into the fold, well, he's not saying. JGR Racing is believed to be in the thick of the hunt to sign Earnhardt, though Gibbs said on Sunday he had not yet talked to NASCAR's most popular driver.
Earnhardt's sister, Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, is handling contract talks and had set an end of June deadline to get a new deal done, if not sooner.
"For Kelley and Dale, we're just going to give them time to look at their program, and we're going to focus on our program right now to make sure we're on top of our game week in and week out," Gibbs said.
Without naming teams, Earnhardt said on Friday that he's visited some of the top teams in NASCAR. Gibbs declined to comment if JGR is one of the teams that Earnhardt visited.
But Earnhardt also said he wants to keep driving Chevys, so that certainly would give JGR every reason to stay with the manufacturer. So if Chevy stays, does that make JGR a clear frontrunner?
"To be honest, we're not far along into going into that," Gibbs said. "He's made it clear that's part of what he's looking for."
Gibbs also refused to say if he's even talked with Toyota. JGR's contract with GM is up at the end of the year, and Gibbs said they've just started the re-negotiation process.
"I can't really say much," Gibbs said. "We're in the process of just sitting down with GM last week and we have their proposal. We're going to go over that. Really, that's where we are right now, just reviewing it."
They had a few extra hours to review the proposal on Sunday if they wanted after heavy rain forced NASCAR to push back a Nextel Cup race for the third time in the past four points races. The Autism Speaks 400 at Dover International Speedway will start at noon ET Monday (FOX).
Ryan Newman and Earnhardt will start on the front row at the Monster Mile. Points leader Jeff Gordon starts sixth.
Page 1[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Page 2[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hendrick Motorsports has won five consecutive races and nine in the past 10 Nextel Cup races.
The Car of Tomorrow will make its sixth appearance Monday in a Nextel Cup race, and it could get perhaps its toughest test yet on the concrete mile oval, high-banked track.

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Hi MCF Mod Wiz Kidd, Thanks 4 your support
Junior leaving DEI
[b]

Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member

do you think he'd take over yelley's car then??

i've heard rumors of him driving the visa car if bud doesnt go with him too...

Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 AM

Joe Gibbs has already been quoted as saying that he will not allow a beer sponser into his organization. So if Earnhardt goes to JGR then Bud is out of the picture. I don't know what number he would run.....its hard to picture Earnhardt in something other than the 8 or 3.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member

well if he went to jgr he wouldn't be racing an 8 or a 3 because those are both owned by other teams...he could go to 6.7 lmao!!! haha...can't wait to see what all those people do that have 8 tatoos! lol

i wonder if the jr fans are going to start throwing visa card's out @ gordon if he wins if jr drives with visa! lol that would be funny i'd want to go to the track to catch one! lol

Old 06-04-2007, 02:31 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If he does go to Joe Gibbs I think it would be a pretty good fit because Tony and Jr always run well together.

Quick Reply: ~ Update Dale Jr. ~