NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

= = =NASCAR DRIVER loses License = = =

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking = = =NASCAR DRIVER loses License = = =

I admire his racing talent 4-Sure, but to me his personality needs a tune `up....I think it's KARMA...The Big Joker has a way of letting people know whose in charge

Member's, what do you think ? Post & let us know...
Looking 4ward to seeing what our MCF NASCAR Historian `Duane post on this topic
Kyle Busch pleads guilty to speeding

<!-- galleryList size--><SCRIPT> var galleryUrls_31604725 = new Array();</SCRIPT><STYLE type=text/css> /*.vxpMultiLiteControlBar { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; }*/ .vxpMultiLiteLayoutWide .vxpMultiLiteAd { display:none; } .vxpMultiLiteAd { visibility: visible; } .vxpMultiLiteTitle { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; } .vxpMultiLiteExpandedInfo { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; } .vxpMultiLiteExtraRow { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; } .vxpMultiLiteMetadata { visibility: hidden; height: 0px; } </STYLE>
& `Space

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function onStoryPageReady() { fsMedia.setHeaderCaptionSeparatorHeight(); } try { fsAWLLoadFunction({func:'onStoryPageReady()'}); } catch(e) {/* ignore */ }</SCRIPT>Updated Aug 23, 2011 5:12 PM ET
STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP)

NASCAR points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days on Tuesday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a nearly $400,000 car. His lawyer said his client was not treated "like any other citizen."
Busch, who doesn't need a license to compete in NASCAR, also was fined $1,000, sentenced to 30 hours of community service and put on one year of unsupervised probation. He pleaded guilty to speeding and no contest to reckless and careless driving in North Carolina District Court in Iredell County.

<!-- BEGIN CONTENT -->True title threat

Kyle Busch shows he has what it takes to ****** Jimmie Johnson's crown, Lee Spencer says.
<!-- END CONTENT -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>fs.launchInlineFlash(".fs-table");</SCRIPT>

Busch addressed the court before his sentencing by District Court Judge H. Thomas Church, apologizing again for driving 128 mph in a 45 mph zone in a bright yellow 2012 Lexus on May 24.
"I think you'll be different in the future," Church said.
"I sure will, your honor," Busch replied.
Busch and his wife, Samantha, were in the car when he was pulled over on a two-lane road in an area near a subdivision, a day-care center and a church. The hand-built LFA sports car was on loan to Busch from Lexus for a 24-hour test drive.
Busch attorney Cliff Homesley argued that his client wasn't being treated the same as other people in similar circumstances, citing a July case of a 21-year-old convicted felon who was caught doing 128 mph and received a $300 fine and no loss of license.
"In 25 years of practicing law I've never seen someone not being offered better than this," Homesley argued before the court. "All I am asking is to treat Kyle Busch like any other citizen that appears before the court."
Homesley, calling Busch one of the best drivers in the world, said: "He had full control of that vehicle at all times.
"That automobile in his hands was like a scalpel in the hands of a surgeon. Not a knife in the hands of a 5-year-old."
Busch is coming off his Sprint Cup series-best fourth victory at Michigan on Sunday, and he holds a 10-point lead over five-time defending NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson in the standings. His next scheduled race is Wednesday's Trucks Series event at Bristol, where he's won the last five races spanning NASCAR's top three national series.
"This is closure. That certainly was what we were looking for in this case," Busch said outside the court. "We've had a lot of people stand behind me and we've gone through this is as diligent as we could, as respectful as we could, and that's why I am here today in person to do it myself and to accept responsibility for my actions.
"Today's done. We move on to tomorrow and try to go win a truck race at Bristol."
Busch spoke only briefly outside court, where a hot dog vendor was set up roughly 100 feet away offering the "128 mph special." Busch headed in opposite direction of the stand as he left with his attorney.

On the move

Kyle Busch is No. 1, but Brad Keselowski is coming. NASCAR Power Rankings.

In court, Homesley admitted Busch passed three different patrol cars following one another as the deputies headed to lunch. The first clocked him at 128 mph, the second clocked him at 79 and the third at 59 - numbers that proved Busch was in control of the car and able to slow it down quickly.
Busch did tell the deputy who pulled him over the Lexus was "just a toy," a remark he backed away from while apologizing for the incident in in a media session two days later.
"I'm certainly sorry that it happened," he said. "It wasn't a toy, it's a high-performance vehicle. It should be driven with caution. Obviously, I didn't have caution and I had a lack of judgment.
"There's probably reason why on the TV commercials that they always show at the bottom, 'Professional driver, closed course.' Mine was not that. Again, I apologize sincerely. All I can do is make sure it doesn't happen again."
Busch will do his community service with the teen safe-driving program B.R.A.K.E.S., which was developed by drag racer Doug Herbert.
Herbert's two sons were killed in a 2008 accident attributed to speeding, and the drag racer established the "Be Responsible And Keep Everyone Safe" program to teach teenagers safety behind the wheel.
Busch agreed to sponsor 300 students in the program, as well as participate in some of the sessions. He'll have to do at least 30 hours as part of his sentence.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Surprised they did that to him.... heck, North Carolina was harder on him than it was on me!!!! Good thing I didn't get busted in Iredell county....

Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 AM

..Hi `Duane, were you doing 128 MPG in a church & school area ? I think he got what he deserved, and he can afford it..
I sure couldn't 4-Sure...They would've put me in `JAIL 4 `Life : ), but in his defense, I've done some stupid stuff, but not in a $400K Hot Rod : )

Great 2 read that you were not affected by the Earthquake & that no damage was done to your area or your Monte.
Hope school is fun this year & not to hard...
Wish you a super year @ school 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 08-24-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In all fairness, 128mph is like 55 for him.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:25 AM

Mod`Mike, the police did not think it was funny, and they thought they were fair...Just try catching him in one of these

We did not think it was funny

Yes Chief, he was doing over 128 MPH ~>LOL

Old 08-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I think he should have know better than to drive like that. Surley he knew safer roads to cut up on.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I think he soulda got more, any normal person would prob got jail time

Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I think he soulda got more, any normal person would prob got jail time

Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Well I came out of Dunn, NC one night being stupid... running about 65, and a truck passed me flying. I kind of followed him and a Harnett County deputy clocked us running 107... I went ahead and pulled over. Was nice as I could be to the cop... took me to jail, took my fingerprint, picture, and released me with $1000 unsecured bail. I was charged with speed competition and reckless driving. Since I never knew the guy (cop ketp insistiing it was 2 Campbell students, luckily, the other guy was like 65 years old), we ended up getting the Speed Competition dropped and I got a Prayer for Judgment continued (meaning it goes on your record, but no points) on my Careless and Reckless. I wasn't in court on the officers day, he assigned me to just regular traffic court (lawyer said the cop was just returning the favor since I was as nice to him and apolegetic as I could be), and I got off about as well as anyone ever could.

Of course, I'm not a high profile figure. The DA is elected in NC, and he doesn't need it on his record that he's easy on speeders. Duane Black from Campbell University isn't that big of a deal, Kyle Busch, NASCAR star is...

We're all stupid, but by your post, I should be in jail!

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 08-24-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM

...Hi `Duane,
Thanks for sharing your story and proving how much it cost to get caught ...I think you lucked `out & also it pays to be nice to those that can cost you your freedom & your dollars $'s 4-Sure...Yes Sir Mr Police Officer...I was WRONG , please give me a break , I promise I will never speed again 4-Sure , sorry, yes I lied ~>

Thanks everyone for your posts & comments & adding to the activity on your MCF : ) Peace/Out from `Space

Quick Reply: = = =NASCAR DRIVER loses License = = =