Monte of the Month This section is specifically only for discussions relating to Monte of the Month. All discussions not pertaining to this will be swiftly removed!
View Poll Results: A poll
YellowMonte - May
14.63%
BlackMachine - Sept
14.63%
Dess03 - Oct
26.83%
RJ - Nov
12.20%
BlueEssEss - Dec
12.20%
WizKid - Cool Car
19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Monte of the YEAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Photobucket
Default RE: Monte of the YEAR!!!

Amy, and other excluded members. I will say, there were many factors involved in choosing contestants for MOTY, as are there many factors involved in choosing the contestants for MOTM each month. In choosing MOTY contestants, the following are a FEW things that were looked at:

MOTM winners from 2006 (if you notice..there were no MOTM contests in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, or Aug)

Pride of Ownership (Which I might add...you scored very well in)

Forum Activity (In 8 months as a member...you have made only 82 posts)

Nominations from Members, or even yourself (This is the SECOND post I have ever seen from you)

The only other MOTM winner from 2006 is a Moderator, and I believe...to allow more participation from the members, Moderators should not compete in MOTM, let alone MOTY. I truly appologize if you feel like you were passed over, but what's done is done. I wanted to leave MOTY at 6 contestants only; however, I would be more than happy to add you into the race, but you would be at an unfair dis-advantage. Please don't let this event turn you off of MCF, we are still very glad to have you and I personally think you have a pretty awesome Monte...but personal choice can not be a factor when deciding MOTM/Y contestants. I hope you understand and I wish you the best of luck in future MOTM contests.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:02 AM

Space is right on the money - the male race is so flawed. - Priceless.

Amy I would also have casted my vote your way as it is sweet!

I say we take the Time Person of the Year cop out as well.
The Monte of the Year Winner is YOU!!
Yes YOU!! As a proud owner of a Monte Carlo you are all WINNERS!!! I hope this brightens up your year!
=D

Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 AM

[align=center][:-]AWiz KiddPomotion Production[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is additional information on Wiz Kidd's[/align][align=center]2005 Tony Stewart's Signature Limited Edition[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo to assist in your decision [:-]WoW[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Information on the Limited Edition Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo....[/align][align=center]Owner: Josh Wismer {Wiz Kidd}[/align][align=center]Super Member/Poster of the MCF[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]also nominated for Monte Carlo of the Year[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Chevy's 10th racing-themed production car
Chevrolet will pay tribute to one of NASCAR's recent champions with the introduction of the 2005 Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo. The limited edition vehicle is the 10th NASCAR-inspired Monte Carlo that Chevrolet has created over the last five years.

"We are delighted to announce the latest edition to the Signature Series Monte Carlo line as an on-going effort to recognize NASCAR and Chevy's past and present driving stars," said Jim Campbell, director of car marketing for Chevrolet. "The Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo is a perfect way to honor Tony's success on and off the race track."The Tony Stewart Signature Series will be a black supercharged Monte Carlo built with many elements of Stewart's No. 20 Home Depot Chevrolet subtly incorporated into the vehicle.

[/align][/align]The exterior of the vehicleis modeled closely after Stewart's night race paint scheme with an all black body complimented by Stewart's signature displayed on the sail panel and No. 20 graphics and Home Depot orange accents prominently lining the bottom trim of the vehicle. A Joe Gibbs Racing signature badge is also displayed on the rear decklid. The attention to custom detailing is also prevalent within the interior of the Monte Carlo with Stewart's signature embroidered on the head restraints, displayed on the door sill plates and positioned within the gauge cluster. The gauge cluster also contains orange-outlined white numerals in the same typeface as exterior graphics and Stewart's signature while both front seats are accented with orange French seams.

[/align]Beyond a unique design concept, the Monte Carlo maintains its powerful supercharged 3800 V6 engine, delivering 240 horsepower and 280 lb.-ft of torque. Other features include a heavy-duty four speed automatic transmission, sport front bucket seats with Ebony leather seating surfaces, a racing-inspired grill and 17-inch black-accented diamond-cut cast aluminum wheels.
A total of 1,020 units of the Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo will be available later this year. Pricing has not yet been announced.
I am honored to be recognized as a part of an elite group of Chevrolet drivers and NASCAR champions," said Tony Stewart. "The Signature Series Monte Carlo is a unique way to promote the sport of NASCAR while also raising money for many important charities through The Tony Stewart Foundation."

Chevrolet will make a donation from the sale of the Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo to The Tony Stewart Foundation, a private, non-profit corporation which focuses on raising and donating funds to help care for chronically ill children, drivers injured in motorsport activities and to help other charitable organizations.

The Tony Stewart Signature Series Monte Carlo is the 10th NASCAR-themed vehicle Chevrolet has produced over the last five years. Five Signature S

Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

SoCalSS,
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I am not mad but I do get very sensitive when it comes to my car - I am a very hard core car show participator. As for my participation in this forum, I try and particpate as much as I can but I don't have much time to surf the forums. Another reason is some of the subjects of some of the posts make me uncomfortable. I do come here maybe a couple times a week to check the new posts, but like I said before some of the content I don't wish to state my opinions or can't state my opinions due to lack of knowledge. I am a very open minded person and I don't like reading negative things about other rides. Yes I understand this is a Monte Carlo Forum and people have their opinions but to disrespect other makes of cars upsets me. Every car out there has it's pluses and minuses.

Space,
Thanks for thinking me. I work very hard to keep my car show worthy and I cherish my Monte like you would not beleive. And, I do wish there were more females who are into their cars.

Enough said, I did vote for the car I thought was worthy of the award but it was a tough choice.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
rj
15 Year Member

[align=center]R.J., I think Tony stole it [/align][align=center]but,[/align][align=center]2006 NASCAR CHAMP[/align][align=center]Jimmy Johnson wishes you Good Luck[/align][align=center](He's still pissed that Chevrolet has notproduced[/align][align=center]a limited edition Monte for him)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Spacerider,[/align][align=center]That is too funny! [sm=icon_cheers.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I don't know if any of the older Monte's submitted themselves.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm willing to nominate my '86 LS if it isn't too late?????? [sm=smiley16.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley4.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Guys if I may........[/align][align=center]Amy has a really nice Monte. Is it possible to remove my LTZ and add her car in it's place????????[sm=loser.gif][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-20-2006, 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS
Space,
Thanks for thinking me. I work very hard to keep my car show worthy and I cherish my Monte like you would not beleive. And, I do wish there were more females who are into their cars.

Enough said, I did vote for the car I thought was worthy of the award but it was a tough choice.
[align=center]Hi Amy, [/align][align=center]Thanks for your comments & understanding. You are fortunate to have such a beautiful Monte Carlo and winner of the forums "Monte of the Month". Plus, your wins at the shows reflects your devotion to your Monte Carlo.[/align][/align][align=center]Your unique graphic's add your own touch to your ride. I'm happy that you are on the forum and I hope that you encourage other ladies to join and participate. I'm sure that the male members do to, except forthose that walk on the wild side of their highways.[/align][/align][align=center]If you don't like a certain members post, there is a feature at the end of their post that you can click and `Block their post from your view. I was happy to read that you voted for[/align][align=center]Monte of the Month. That's class. [/align][align=center]Peace/Happiness,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

Space, I will keep the blocking feature in mind. Thanks for the tip.

rj, I'd vote for your 86! I love the 80's gen Montes. We had an 86 Maroon SS for about 1 year but sold it. My fiance spent lots of money on a new paint job and after that it was no fun. He was so paranoid about someone screwing up the paint, we couldn't enjoy the car. I wish we kept it because I loved that car.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Thank you for the vote Amy.

Your former '86 sounds like a nice car.

Any chance you have a picture or two of it you could post for us to enjoy?

Old 12-20-2006, 03:21 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

ORIGINAL: rj

Thank you for the vote Amy.

Your former '86 sounds like a nice car.

Any chance you have a picture or two of it you could post for us to enjoy?
I know we have pics of the painting process - it was blasted down to bare metal and then painted, but I'll check to see if we have a pic of it finished.

Old 12-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Photobucket

Amy, I agree with the other members, you do have a very awesome Monte, and I am honored that our forum can be blessed with the presence of such a sweet ride...not that all the other Members' rides aren't super sweet as well. I only wish we could take the advice of 04 Intimidator and use the Time Magazine cop out, because every Monte deserves it's place in the winner's circle. Again, I truly apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused, and I appreciate your understanding. RJ, in reply to your question, I don't think that would be fair to the members who have casted their vote in your direction, or to any of the members for that matter, because someone who has already voted, might have chosen AwesomeSS had she have been in there to begin with. Keep up the voting, and get the word out as much as you can.

Quick Reply: Monte of the YEAR!!!