Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Is this worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Is this worth the money?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
It's a K&N cold air intake system for the 3.8L V6s.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Is this worth the money?

yes, i just bought mine a couple weeks ago and i love it, made a huge difference in sound and performance

very much worth the $$cha ching$$

i got lucky though being an auto parts store and for the fact that it was my car i paid less than that cdn for it

but not much less...it is deffintely worth it

Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 PM

What about just buying the K&N filter to replace the stock filter?

Old 01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the drop in K&N filter. I guess it makes some difference over the stock paper one, but our air boxes are very restrictive. An open air cone filter gives the best air flow.
Wiz Kid,
I know your car is supercharged, do you think a natrally aspirated engine like mine will benefit just the same as yours?

Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 AM

i personally would not spend that on one LOL
I paid like 30.00 for mine and it goes threw the fender well and sounds like a vacume when it is running.

but as far as doing any of them like this i can say it will defiantly make the motor breath better. these cars are SOOOOOOOOOO restricted from the factory.

this is why you see a gain with this and the down pipe install on them. they cant breath as good as they need to . To make them even more proficient

Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member

i dont know, i wanted one that looked like it belonged there, and i wanted it for the performance and sound and i got all of that i'm very happywith my investment, and i think you would notice it even with a naturally asperated 3.8.

if your very picky about the look of your car then you will want this, and the performance you will be happy with

Old 01-03-2007, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd
if your very picky about the look of your car then you will want this, and the performance you will be happy with
belive me im verry picky on how my car looks. but at the same time i take my time to make it look nice.
you can make any part that K&N dose and make it look verry nice and and do it cheaper then they do.
but the kits that i have seen im not impressed with. but agian this is just my opinon of wha thtey have to offer for our cars.
I do swear by my filter and it is a K&N cone filter . i do like thier filters just not the set up for our cars. .

Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member

yah, i was debating making my own, but i knew theirs worked so i got theirs

i'm not debating that yours doesn't look bad, i'm just saying that if i made it and i've seen some custom jobs that dont look so good, and if i made it it wouldn't look as good

did you make a heat sheild??

Old 01-03-2007, 12:18 PM

no i didnt make the heat sheild. mine actually runs past the strut tower in front of it and then to the fender well and down. when all is said and done , The filter it in the front bumper right below and behind the front head light on the drivers side.
it is not to fun to change the filter or even to wash out the one i have but it dose a great job there. and also is not sucking air from in side the engin bay.
eventually i plan to attempt to get a hanger made for it LOL the one i have in there right now was a impompt to OH HEY I NEED THIS! . So i need to do a better job on that but it is one of those out of sight out of mind things.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:35 PM

here is a older photo of it for ya.

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/B0E5CD8821EC4BCD9809D73AAEF9984F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Is this worth the money?