Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wipers

I have a 2000 Monte Carlo and just replaced the turn signal switch but now my wipers don't work. When I turn the wipers on they'll come on once but not again until it's on high. The turn signals and high beams work fine and the wipers worked fine on the old switch. Any ideas?

Old 08-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did you use an aftermarket switch? They are known for problems like this. I know the AC Delco ones are pricey, but it seems they are the only reliable electrical part available for our cars.
Here's the cheapest AC Delco I could find: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ACDelco-...1W5za5&vxp=mtr

Also make sure it's identical to the old switch. I once replaced the multi-function switch on a '85 Celebrity I had with one from the dealer and had a similar problem. Checked the wiring and found two wires of about 12 were different, otherwise identical in every other way. Dealer parts guy didn't want to take it back even though it was his fault. Had to get the manager who agreed with me and made the exchange for the correct one.

BTW...When I did a search for 2000 Monte Carlo SS Multi-Function switch on Google is pulled up the wrong switch (P/N- D2545C) for an Impala. Had to go to the AC Delco site to get the correct part#(D6252C).

Last edited by plumbob; 08-16-2016 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pretty sure they were identical. It was s duralast. I guess I'll pull it out again tomorrow and update. Actually had bought one online and it didn't fit so had to buy one from autozone for $200

Last edited by Dj_bosse; 08-16-2016 at 10:06 PM.