Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: When I'm recharging a/c, freon will start spraying from the canister area

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Default When I'm recharging a/c, freon will start spraying from the canister area

What can I do to fix this? Just replaced canister. Still doing it. Just ordered new a/c lines goin from compressor to canister. Pls help

Old 07-25-2016, 09:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you say "canister" do you mean the receiver drier/accumilator?

Adding refrigerant from a can is not necessarily a good idea. Easy to overcharge and blow out o-rings.

You may have a clogged expansion valve or orifice tube (one or both). Can also damage the compressor because it's being overworked.
Could also be a bad A/C pressure switch.

Check this site: https://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/...ur-ac-flowing/

Tutorial on how an A/C system works:

Old 07-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Default Drier

Yes I jus installed new drier cause the old one was doing same thing and coming from same area. When it starts coming out it reminds me of a blow off valve on a turbo. It will take freon for a second then you get the blow off valve effect coming from the drier area. Anything?

Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just like I mentioned above.

The receiver-drier is a just decant device (pulls moisture out of the refrigerant). When you replaced the drier did you flush the system, replace the orifice tube and expansion valve and recharge the system under vacuum with the proper weighed amount amount of R-134A refrigerant with high side and low side pressures read with a A/C pressure gauge set? If not, the system got contaminated which can lead to catastrophic failure ("Black Death"). If this happens the compressor will fail and all of the above mentioned and the compressor will need to be replaced.

Last edited by plumbob; 07-25-2016 at 10:46 PM.