Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

What No Support?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default What No Support?

Hyper -- in another post -- posted gmperformance.com, and I notice a trend... We LS4 folks are being screwed! GM shows support for the Cobalt SS, Trailblazer SS, Corvette, GTO, SSRs, HHRs, but No Love for the Impala SS, Pontiac GXP, or the Monte Carlo SS. I'm beginning to think the LS4 is a mistake GM wants to sweep under the carpet. The lack of support and aftermarket is Seriously making me think about trading my Monte off and go after a GTO or a Charger SRT or a Mustang GT -- Tons of support on those vehicles.

WHY are We being screwed?The only other car that is being screwed over more than we are the Maxx SS folks.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Default RE: What No Support?

I'm afraid it's a numbers game. They didn't sell enough 06-07 Monte's to continue production, so GM and most of the aftermarket suppliers are ignoring us. They figure not enough people will modify their MC's to make it worth their while. I can't figure out why they did it for the GTO, which had even lower sales than the MC's, I believe. Just my 2 cents, though.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 AM

Hey.. Its the same boat for the Lz4 crew over here. However therer is more aftermarket support thus far for the Ls4 crew. Heck Im looking at modifying a K&N FIPK designed for the LS4 to fit( dyno tested on the ls4 to make 13 more hp at the wheels) . Monte mom has that mod.

Mind you the Lz4 isnt in anything else but the epsilon chassis, and the vans. And it only got to the epsilon chassis in 07..

We may just have to engineer something up then. If the aftermarket aint supporting us, we'll have to support ourselves.

There is some support beginning to show for the Ls4 crowd. Dhp has a tune for it if im right, K&n has a full cold air intake. And magnaflow has an exhaust solution out.

You might have to do as I am. Start watching the sisters. The impala SS, and the Grand prix GTP. Theres a great chance that anything they get will fit the monte. Its all about the production numbers and the poor monte's just didnt get it. Parts for the Impala SS in particular should fit without too much heartache. I havent dived under the hood of a GXP yet to compare the bays..

Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 PM

GMPP does have a gear differential for the 4T65-E in the 06/07 Montes... Supposed to really help with torque steer, and it can handle much more power than the stock clutch driven differential.

I would imagine that it allows more power to reach the ground too... Really be worth it on the track...

Too bad it's nearly a grand... You can pick up a bolt-in fogger NOS system and performance tires for that much, and see much better gains too. Imagine what it would take to install it? How many dealerships you think could actually do it? Prolly have to go to a shop that specializes in rebuilding the 4T65-E's and see if they would do it. Unless you happen to have ASE cert's in transmission work and own the necessary tools... lol Just droppin the cradle would be quite a feat.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM

Yeah.. for that cost Id rather spend it elsewhere.. CAI, exhaust, pcm tuning, maybe injectors and fuel system upgrades,