Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Weird noise coming from ss monte help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation Weird noise coming from ss monte help!!!!

WELL I HAVE A 01 SS MONTE WITH THE 3.8 AND WHEN THE BLOWER FAN IS ON FULL BLAST IT MAKES THIS WEIRD NOISE SOMETIMES IT DOES THIS WITHOUT THE BLOWER ON MAX AS WELL. BUT ALSO THE UPPER AND LOWER RADIATIOR HOSES SEEM TO NOT HAVE PRESSURE, THE CAR DONT OVER HEAT AND I DO GET WARM AIR I JUST DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL. BUT I HAVE A YOUTUBE VIDEO I MADE AND HOPEFUULY SOMEONE CAN HELP ANY IS APPRECIATED THANK YOU.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 AM

Maybe you could explain it. Whats up with all these new member wanting us to guess their problems with no facts or details?

Old 12-10-2012, 06:42 AM

like aussie says, need more info. if you have a blower motor humming, you could have a collection of leaves inside the blower motor housing. as far as the pressure in the coolant system, some cars seem to have more pressure than others. if it isnt broke, dont fix it.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sounds like a dry water pump to me! and some kind of bearings going out.

Hows the radiator fluid level? Usually even a half a gallon will cause a warm or no heat situation!

Was it me or did I see a check engine light on as well? Or was that the LO coolant lamp lit up on the dash?

I would also have the system pressure checked....Maybe..you have a bad radiator cap?

It also sounds like an intake leak...Thats 1 very "unusual" sound for sure....Ive never heard anything like it before!

Id take it to a reputable heating and AC shop and see what they think!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member

Sorry aussie and pilot, i thought what i said and the video would be enough information would be enough info. And to stumpi, i have a hard time checking the radiator lvl because the cap wont come off, but i will check today. I do get heat when it warms up tho, the coolant resivoir ususally looks low even when i fill it, it goes down, and the sound seems to be coming from the upper radiator hose/themostat housing. That wasnt the check engine light that was the abs/track/brake lights and airbag light. But thanks alot stumpi this is why i joined this forum because i love my monte and i want to keep and maintain her. I will keep you guys posted tho!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It seems to me that theres a coolant issue since you said the resovoir seems to leak down.....Which clearly alleviates the need to remove the radiator cap..to check the fluid level...(keep the resovoir topped off) Maybe thats where the noise is comeing from?

Which tends to make me think you have either an upper or lower intake leak issue. or both!

Which kinda confirms it only makes that sound when you turn on the heat? which involves the cooling system.. Kinda makes sense...to me...

Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
10 Year Member

Thanks again omma further investigate this and hopefully i get answers

Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member

After further investigation this noise only came on when the right fan blade spins. Is it possible for the fan blade to be replaced?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by owens91
After further investigation this noise only came on when the right fan blade spins. Is it possible for the fan blade to be replaced?
You should be able to replace the motor separate.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member

i hope you right, i will look into doing this because im sure that would be the cheaper option here, thanks again

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Weird noise coming from ss monte help!!!!