Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

water on floor boards

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 AM
Default water on floor boards

hey everybody , can anybody give me any insite on why my 2003 ss just started taking on water only in the last 2 months on the passenger side floor boards front and back when it rains, headliner stays dry, cant see any water rushing in ,but i come beck after an hour or so and man i got two manmade looking lakes in my car. possible sunroof ? is there rain valleys for the sunroof? if so are they plugged? if anybody has any sugestion or answers i would be very thankful.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: water on floor boards

did you recently have your cabin air filter changed??

apparently if you dont reinstall the seal properly then you get leaking on the passenger side of the car

Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 AM

bump ^

Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM

do all montes have an air filter for the cabin? ive looked for this filter half hearted,but was told some have and some dont.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's under the passenger windshield wiper, you pull off the plastic cover, take off weather stripping, and it's in there.

and it is the biggest cause for passenger water floor flooding.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM

hey thanks for the input, il get to looking saturday morning!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:18 PM

it could be the plastic piece that runs under your door from the front tire to the back the little pieces that hold it on break easy and then there is a hole that lets water in your car i filled in the holes with sillycone and it worked i guess i should go and get the plastic clips that go there eh

Old 02-17-2009, 09:02 PM

i had the same exact problem and it was not the cabin air filter but eh water drain tube near it...the lining ripped and it was leeking through there, instead of the water running outside on the ground it was running into the car...i took the top part of it out and it had some chincy rubber cover to protect it, so i just got some metal bent it and drilled it onn it and noooo leeks ever since...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had that problem, and it was the weatherstripping for the cabin air filter. on the passenger side there is the plastic cowl that your wiper sits on. take that off (i think there are 2 plastic screws that pop off) and underneath it you will see your cabin air filter....buy a replacement for it before you do all this because you will not want to reuse the filter.....its soaked and probably beginning to mold. you'll want to replace it regardless since you probably havent and your already doing the work. like 13 bucks at kragen. You'll also see your rubber weatherstripping laying below it....just reattach it. I used some spray adhesive so it doesnt do that again. Also, while you have the filter off you might wanna get some vent deodorizer and spray it in there, with your A/C running on high. that way, if there is any mold built up in the vents from the wet filter, its gone and doesnt make your car smell every time you put the heater or A/C on. get it at kragen again for 5 bucks. re-assemble and your all set.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 PM

thanks alot im new to this site but i could stay on all day theres soo much info

Quick Reply: water on floor boards