Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Vibration at 30mph

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 07:24 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Vibration at 30mph

So yesturday I noticed at around 30-35 there is a slight vibration and whine (not my blower) and the whine is tad louder when the car is decelerating but after 30 it goes away. When aeceration it goes away after 30-35 I just did breaks front and rear pads but only new front rotors and I also just did a rear hub because the sensor in my old one was bad and I also just recently cut out my resonator it had a hole in it and put a stright pipe in its place and sealed and band clamped it. So if anyone has any clue what the noise is tht would help me

Old 09-03-2015, 09:51 PM

It's very hard to tell what it could be with out driving the car itself, There's a lot of things that can cause the vibration and humming, best suggestion before you go spending money trying to fix something that might not be the issue is to take it to a shop, ask for a brake inspection (some shops do this for free, some charge but under $50) and inform them of the issue, allow them to test drive the car.... That in my opinion should be your first move to narrow the number of suspects down.