Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Traction Control and Electrical problems

Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Traction Control and Electrical problems

I have an 03 SS all stock, and about 2 years ago i got it stuck in bout 2 feet of mud, ever since my traction control hasnt worked, my dash constantly says its off and to "Service Traction System". I've gone to multiple shops to have it checked out and no one canf ind the problem. A few months ago my cigarette lighters quit workin, replaced the fuse and the moment i put the lighter in the fuse popped, went from a 15a to a 20a and the same thing happened. I pulled up the center console (clips are borken and it pops up with a bit of a pull, great for hiding drugs lol) and following the wires for the cig lighter i noticed that both it and the traction control button run through the same connector. So i got 3 questions...

Does anyone have pics of the fuse diagrams? (lost the covers for both inside and under hood boxes)

Is the cigarette lighter just shorting out?

And could the traction control be fixed without spending $$$

Old 02-20-2010, 09:24 PM

now that you mention it i was in a car wash bay with about 3 inches of ice.

i know.

and got stuck in 4 tire shaped marks in the ice. anyways now my trac/abs lights poped up.

it was about a year later.

what i did was take off the wheels and clean the connectors and grease them.

now my lights arent constantly on. they only pop up when i have to slam my brakes on the highway. not very often.

you should be able to take it to a reputable shop and have them scan and when they find the wheel, have them check voltages at certain points in the wiring. that will tell you if its a wire, sensor/wheelbering, or the abs unit itself.

sometimes your brake fluid is just low.

ive heard some say that its tranny issues.

when if you do the repairs always do them in pairs. this is what i heard. if one side is bad the other probly is about ready to go.

wheel bearing/sensor = 70-100/side
wires = 100 a pair
cleaning/greasing = 5 [temperary half ()()ed fix

GL and keep us informed