Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Tire Pressure Sensors

Old 04-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Default Tire Pressure Sensors

Does anyone know if you can put replacement tire pressure sensors in aftermarket wheels on a 2000 Monte Carlo SS???

Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Tire Pressure Sensors

Are you talking about the tire pressure monitor system... there are not pressure sensors on the wheels. It is based on wheel revolutions. Just install the new wheels and reset the tire monitor system (see owners manual, but I believe it is either thru the radio or by turning on the headlights 3 times) and you shoul dbe all set.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Donutboy97

Are you talking about the tire pressure monitor system... there are not pressure sensors on the wheels. It is based on wheel revolutions. Just install the new wheels and reset the tire monitor system (see owners manual, but I believe it is either thru the radio or by turning on the headlights 3 times) and you shoul dbe all set.

I thought there were sensors in the wheels? Was the 2000 model before they started using individual sensors?

Old 04-09-2007, 02:32 PM

Yes 2000 was before they started putting them in the wheels

Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM

they have it hooked up to the abs and i cant find a way to reset the sensor because i have an aftermarket stereo

Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 PM

Turn key on but don't start the car.Turn the parking lights on and off 3 times within 5 seconds and system should reset.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:23 PM

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo SS and just had new tires put on as soon as the car was taken on the interstate the TPMS started to come back up on the dash, does anybody know if this can be reset without taking it to the dealer and spending money I don't have.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM

Just a thought, but it could be a possibility that they didn't replace the tire sensors after putting on the new tires.

A similar scenario happened with my sister's car where she had gotten replacement tires and the sensors were never reinstalled because they replaced them with standard valve stems. It was constantly telling her that she had a low tire, even though they were all inflated to the correct pressure and the tire pressure monitor was reset twice.

She took it back to the shop and they reinstalled the sensors like they should have from the beginning.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:13 PM

do you reset a 06 monte the same way with the lights?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM

I actually thought about that, checked my receipt and they charged me for it. I am taking the car back to Good year tomorrow cause they also did an alignment and now the car veers off to the left when you let go of the steering wheel. They said they would double check that. I originally had the front sensors break because of some road construction, so it keeps saying that the monitoring system needs maintenance. Was just wondering if I could reset it myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensors