Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Tail light Cover, who has them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Default Tail light Cover, who has them?

Does anyone out there have tail light covers on there monte? I was thinking about maybe getting some and wanted to see a couple cars with them on to see if I liked it. If you have them could you post some pictures?

Old 05-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Default RE: Tail light Cover, who has them?

Welcome to MCF Jim. I haven't seen one with pictures yet, but you might be able to find some pics on ebay with them or at one of the major aftermarket sellers like summit racing.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i've seen them on a couple black monte's before...they look really cool

but remember this, if you get rear ended it is your fault(according to the law) and you could be charged by the driver that hits you...i've seen this happen so many times...

i like the look of them..but its not worth it...i even conisidered getting the ones with the ram head cut out of them for my dakota when i had it..but i was told it was the same thing...anything hindering any view of the lights is a problem

Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 AM

i have them on my blue 96 ls. I like them and i think they look sweet. I would post some pictures, but i need find my camrea cable and i will upload them for you

Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM

i wish they would make more things for the 06/07 montes i cant find anything to inprove the look of my exterior and i hate it! anyone got any good ideas on where to start looking?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM

ORIGINAL: MassiveDB

i wish they would make more things for the 06/07 montes i cant find anything to inprove the look of my exterior and i hate it! anyone got any good ideas on where to start looking?
Hey Mike, I've also been look'in, but haven't found anything new : (
You have a super look'in Monte...I love your rims & sig.
I'll post, when I find....Google's/E-Bay/Car Clubs etc...
If, you find any new parts for the 06/07, please post them.
`space

Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 AM

i used "smoke spray" on my taillights, it gives them the dark look but when the light comes on it shines through like theres nothing there. awesome look cheap to do and looks great

Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 PM

We sell that at work, called nightshades. I used it on my very first 2dr coupe (Chevy Beretta) It looked excellent,and hardly affected the light transmission at all. The most noticable change was during the daytime the running lights didn't stick out as well, but I never had anyone complain about the visibility of the lights. And I had been pulled over by the police with it on, and they never mentioned it at all.

Big difference from the taillight covers because one, it's flat black instead of glossy, which imho looks better, and also, it allows a lot more light to shine through. I had a friend that had a black IROC Camaro and had those. He got pulled over for it lots of times, but never got a ticket. I think theyjust wanted to look at the car, lol!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:11 PM

Yes...I have seen them on PFYC.comfor about $50. They are smoked acrylic that still allow light to show through. I plan on getting them myself, but I intend to cut out the slots for full opening and have them painted body colour (mine is silver like the one shown here).

Old 05-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah those look really good when they're painted to match the car..i would just be worried about getting rear ended still

Quick Reply: Tail light Cover, who has them?