Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

the stealership

Old 05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Exclamation the stealership

Hey everyone I just went to chevy the other day n got a recall done n in the process they gave my 02 ss a 24 point inspection you know checking hoses n stuff. Anyhow today my check engine light came on I went to check my hoses n stuff and when I went to take the engine cover off the oil neck it was missing. Could the missing oil neck and cap have set off my engine light?

Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM

wasnt there any oil that came out and sprayed the bottom of the hood?

Old 05-29-2010, 12:55 AM

i would be mad. i know of a guy who's trees i was working on came back in a different car. asked him if he bought it. he said no, just took his for a routine maintence. i asked why he needed a rental car. his reply " because they put oil in the winshield washer compartment and needed time to clean it out" thats a big WOW. i would never go to that place ever again for work, they obviously have no clue what they are doing

Old 05-29-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
wasnt there any oil that came out and sprayed the bottom of the hood?

Yes theree was...so would that make the car seem to drag a bit and the engine light to come on? Ima go complain tomorrow and they better not jus give me a gift card to buy some of their stuff. No telling if any damage has been done

Old 05-29-2010, 01:03 AM

im sure if you lost enough the oil low light would have came on. i know in your oil resevoir/pan though there is supposed to be a certain amount of pressure while running. maybe this being open released it and set off a sensor possibly

Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 AM

No my oil light didn't come on but the check engine soon light did. Do you think they owe me some compensation?

Old 05-29-2010, 07:28 PM

lol, if someone can prove damage was done due to that being left off they will pay for damage other than that, probably not unless you have a super good laywer saying you were super stressed and going crazy because of the issue.. lol good luck with that though

Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 PM

I would think that you would get CEL if there was not oil cap and fill neck. The engine uses vaccum to run stuff like the brake booster and no cap can cause some vaccum issues.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 PM

once you sign that paper, you have no rights. they could take it tot eh back, tell you that it needs to be there over night. then proceed to steal your stereo, rims, and key obsinities all over it, and still wouldnt be liable. all they can do is give you a gift card for a free oil change. further more why would you even get an oil change done there anyways.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by mak330
once you sign that paper, you have no rights. they could take it tot eh back, tell you that it needs to be there over night. then proceed to steal your stereo, rims, and key obsinities all over it, and still wouldnt be liable. all they can do is give you a gift card for a free oil change. further more why would you even get an oil change done there anyways.
not true. if they cause damage that can be life threatening and give it back to the customer the dealership is in deep ****. and the guy who worked on it especially.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the stealership