Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Starting issues... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/starting-issues-41077/)

NYGiantsfan 04-30-2013 01:35 AM

hey i have been having the same problem with my monty it almost never started with the remote starter at times, then i had a MAF issue got an original one fixed that issue but starting problem got worse, i changed the iac which was stuck, no change, checked the battery and alternator they both were fine, im pretty sure i have a slightly larger battery about 50 more cc amps so im pretty sure thats ruled out..it takes for ever to start and sometimes hear it choke and feels like the motor is going to jump..on a separate note (not sure if its related) sometimes when driving on a highway ill press on the gas and its slow or not responding and noticed it gets better if i take my foot off the pedal and press again and shell take off..any tips on what to check, im going to try wha CHIBI said with the FPR hose see if thats the issue..thanks, good luck with yours RED

Red Nightmare 04-30-2013 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan (Post 546408)
on a separate note (not sure if its related) sometimes when driving on a highway ill press on the gas and its slow or not responding and noticed it gets better if i take my foot off the pedal and press again and shell take off..

That sounds like the common torque converter lockup. I asked that question before. The torque converter locks itself in low RPMs to i guess save gas & keep the heat down. Sometimes it gets worse depending on the transmission.

Chris s 04-30-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare (Post 546451)
That sounds like the common torque converter lockup. I asked that question before. The torque converter locks itself in low RPMs to i guess save gas & keep the heat down. Sometimes it gets worse depending on the transmission.

Im afraid your right!! I had to replace my Tranny and torque converter in my 2000 Monte SS. Wasnt cheap either.

NYGiantsfan 05-02-2013 02:49 PM

So I got of class and decided to check that hose on the FPR and the second i Slghtly pulled it out ( not even fully removed) gas shout out from a separate hose leading from the gas line into the intake manifold ,was that normal?

Red Nightmare 05-02-2013 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by NYGiantsfan (Post 546979)
So I got of class and decided to check that hose on the FPR and the second i Slghtly pulled it out ( not even fully removed) gas shout out from a separate hose leading from the gas line into the intake manifold ,was that normal?

was the vehicle running...?

NYGiantsfan 05-03-2013 03:09 PM

No it was sitting for about 6 hours or so. I wouldn't mess with the gas line when the engine is hot.

Red Nightmare 05-03-2013 09:31 PM

thats a bit strange... I really wouldn't know what would cause that.

03SSLE 05-04-2013 06:41 AM

Yes, there should be fuel (under pressure) in the metal fuel lines.
No, there should not be any fuel in the rubber vacuum line.