Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Starting issues... (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/starting-issues-41077/)

Red Nightmare 02-02-2013 08:55 PM

on the fuel pressure regulator? if it is...omg it would be amazing. Thats a $40 I don't need to spend
edit- just looked it up, its just a recall on improper installation with no gasket. (found on motortrend's website)

STUMPMI 02-02-2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare (Post 525493)
on the fuel pressure regulator? if it is...omg it would be amazing. Thats a $40 I don't need to spend
edit- just looked it up, its just a recall on improper installation with no gasket. (found on motortrend's website)

I guess I was wrong sorry Jen...

I did find on GM's website: (bulletin)
Those new "electronic" testers (that local auto parts and dealers are useing) to check your chargeing/battery etc....
Doesnt do a "load" test..Its main fucntion is just to check continuity.. Which would cause some batterys to show its good/ weak... Yet when they load tested the battery (that showed good on the new machine) ultimately failed during a load test.

Just a Little FYI.. I found while trying to research recall notices.

Red Nightmare 02-02-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI (Post 525502)
I guess I was wrong sorry Jen...

I did find on GM's website: (bulletin)
Those new "electronic" testers (that local auto parts and dealers are useing) to check your chargeing/battery etc....
Doesnt do a "load" test..Its main fucntion is just to check continuity.. Which would cause some batterys to show its good/ weak... Yet when they load tested the battery (that showed good on the new machine) ultimately failed during a load test.

Just a Little FYI.. I found while trying to research recall notices.

its not much of a lost cause anyway. The battery in there was a 770cca bosch that was already 3 years old & im not trusting it. I know the alternator is good, I can run everything & see almost no fluctuation in power now with my stronger battery.

milrlyt 02-02-2013 11:07 PM

IIRC, some 6th gen Montes have had mysterious current draws from all sorts of places.

Or maybe MAF sensor needs some love?

Red Nightmare 02-02-2013 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by milrlyt (Post 525521)
IIRC, some 6th gen Montes have had mysterious current draws from all sorts of places.

Or maybe MAF sensor needs some love?

I am thinking that too, if it is i'm surprised there is no code. I'm going to buy some MAF cleaner tomorrow to clean it up & same for the IAC.

ZIPPY02 02-02-2013 11:27 PM

If your still having problems after cleaning the MAF Air write a detailed description of your problem. I will copy / paste and e-mail to my mechanic. He's pretty sharp, might take him a couple of days to answer, but you will get a detailed analysis of how he would trouble shoot your Monte.

Red Nightmare 02-02-2013 11:45 PM

I'm looking around online now on a few forums looking up the symptoms with the 3800's FPR & every forum is dead-on for what I got. Long cranks, hard starts, idle drop after starting, hesitation at idle.. & symptoms magically go away after you start to drive..

ZIPPY02 02-02-2013 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare (Post 525526)
I'm looking around online now on a few forums looking up the symptoms with the 3800's FPR & every forum is dead-on for what I got. Long cranks, hard starts, idle drop after starting, hesitation at idle.. & symptoms magically go away after you start to drive..

Hey Jen, okay with that I will send Matt this information. Lets see if his diagnosis agree's with the other forums repair procedures. He is very good with the 3800's, they know the Grand Prix, Impala's and Monte's. Will post his reply as soon as I hear back from him, possibly by Tuesday or Wednesday. And being here in Utah we do get cold weather so I would imagine if this is a common problem, it has manifested itself here before. Take care honey..... :) :)

Red Nightmare 02-03-2013 01:29 PM

Just cleaned the IAC valve& MAF sensor. IAC was pretty stuck. Played with it with some MAF cleaner & wd 40 until I can pull it smooth. I won't know until tonight if it was the problem..
Started & drove better than before!

ZIPPY02 02-03-2013 04:25 PM

Great, least we have a potential solution. Use an actual lubricant and not WD-40 and see where that gets you. Royal Purple makes a lube in a spray can your store most likely carries. Will keep my fingers crossed for your Monte's health.... :) :) :)