Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Squeaky noise

Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 PM
Default Squeaky noise

Everytime I turn my car on, from a cold start, I get a squeaky noise coming from under the hood, over by the water pump, or belt and pulley area. I'm wondering which could it be. The noise only happens when I start the car up in the morninf from a cold start. If someone could help, that would be great.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Get a long screw driver and carefully place it near eash item in question and put your ear up to it, the scre driver amplifies the sound that will help you pin point it,

Mine would randomly squeak then the idler pully sized and took out my power steering resivour,

Old 11-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Could just be the belt itself. Had mine do that too, just squeak on startup for couple min then it would stop. I would have bet the farm on an idler pulley going out. Couldn't find any play in any pulleys, so put a new Goodyear belt on it and never squeeked again.
I wouldn't have thought it was the belt because it didn't look overly worn. But apparently looks can be decieving

Last edited by Aerocoupe86; 11-13-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Search this Thread