Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Sludge ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Default Sludge ?

So I own a 2006 Monte Carlo that I purchased in April 2017 and I have had so many problems with it from a new water pump thermostat belt spark plugs and a few other things I can't remember but anyways I noticed lately it had been jerking so I ordered new motor mounts and the it went good until we got under the car and noticed a mess. Oil looked brown and it was gunky with sludge I did have the wheel bearing changed out 6 months ago. Can anyone tell me why my car is jerking when I accelerate ? And why there is so much black thick sludge near the bottom motor mounts .

Old 05-11-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by MCNIC
Oil looked brown and it was gunky with sludge
Are you talking the engine oil or the gunk you found on the underside of the engine?

I did have the wheel bearing changed out 6 months ago.
Are you suspecting this is related to the sludge? It's a sealed unit and pretty far from the engine, so it shouldn't be.

Can anyone tell me why my car is jerking when I accelerate ?
That's near impossible to say as it could be 100 things. Do you have any scan data or trouble codes?

And why there is so much black thick sludge near the bottom motor mounts .
Should only be one of two things:
-engine mount is hydraulic and is leaking out.
-something from the engine is leaking down and accumulating. For it to be thick and oily, it's got to be something like engine oil or PS fluid. is the engine wet above it?

Old 05-11-2018, 06:44 PM
Default Hello bumpin96monte

Thank you for your reply to my thread my check engine light came on so I got the code red and it said it was the field injector so as far as the leaking it is near the motor mounts where the oil pen is located and I think the sludge might be from the rubber from the motor mount that was there before because it was a chunk of it

Old 05-28-2018, 10:20 PM

Just had my motor mounts checked out but my car still kind of jerks anyone have any suggestions.?