Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

security light on in message center

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:02 PM
1 Year Member
Default security light on in message center

my security light came on friday and today when i was driving, and i don't know what it means can anyone help me here. it shows up in the message center. please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Kevin

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

It's your Passlock Security system. When the light comes on while you're driving it means it's not working properly.

If you go to start it and it won't start, the security light will flash. If this happens, leave the key turned to "on" for 10 minutes (until it quits flashing), turn off then start.

You'll probably need a new passlock/ignition cylinder to fix the problem.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
1 Year Member

it only comes on when im driving it and it never flashes??? and i have never had trouble with it starting?? could it still be the passlock?? i was going to take it in to them and have them look at it but it only comes on after driving it and might not be on when i take it in there. should have warrenty on it since i just bought it 4 days ago lol

Old 05-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Photobucket

Did you buy it with a warranty or as-is? I only had a 30 day powertain warranty on mine when I bought it but it's an '02 that had 108K miles on it at the time.

I just know the book says if it comes on while driving, the Passlock is not working right so your car may not be fully protected. If you don't have a manual - try ebay or do a search for one, I found someplace that had them online once.

If you've only had it four days, you maybe haven't had it long enough for it to pull the no-start. Mine would do it every couple of months, then the light started coming on while driving and the no-start started getting more frequent. It won't flash while you're driving, but if it doesn't start sometime, leave the key to turned to "on" and see if it's flashing then (battery, security, security, battery, security security is the sequence) if it is, do what I said above to get it to start.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
1 Year Member

im still having this problem does anyone have any ideas

Old 05-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Photobucket

http://www.blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16554

I still think it's your Passlock, or maybe even your BCM since it hasn't started the "no start" ...yet.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 PM

Exact issue here on my 03! Thank god for a extended warranty 475.00 passlock was replaced my cost .0.00

Old 05-07-2013, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 03Montepacecar
im still having this problem does anyone have any ideas
I would definitely consider the ignition switch. It's a well known weak point with these cars and can cause multiple problems. Mine started with the security light and got worse with time. I replaced it myself for under $40. Got to run but I will check back tomorrow on your post. You could do a search on my posts and there would be more details.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
1 Year Member

yeah im still haveing this problem the security light will still come on and off but i have not had a problem with it starting yet so will see how long i can go before i have to replace the iginiton on it.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03Montepacecar
yeah im still haveing this problem the security light will still come on and off but i have not had a problem with it starting yet so will see how long i can go before i have to replace the iginiton on it.
Try cleaning your key with rubbing alcohol.

Quick Reply: security light on in message center