Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Removing Fog Light Assembly 06 MC

Old 05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Default Removing Fog Light Assembly 06 MC

I'm looking for the proper way to remove the complete fog light assembly. I cannot find anything on this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, community.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You have to remove the headlights firs then the fog lights are a breeze

One white clip slide and 1 screw hold each head light in

Old 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Default Fog Light Assembly

Access to the lights/assembly is not my issue. It's removing the fog light assembly. The whole thing. Not just the bulb. The assembly is press fitted in the housing. I need to know how to remove it "properly" without breaking it.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by kdkeith
Access to the lights/assembly is not my issue. It's removing the fog light assembly. The whole thing. Not just the bulb. The assembly is press fitted in the housing. I need to know how to remove it "properly" without breaking it.

Understood. The fog light assembly is accessable from the back side of the bumper fiacia, and to get to it the headlights need to come out. The fog light assembley is directly under the head lights

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-01-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 AM

No. You still do not understand. Take out your headlight and remove the bulb from the fog light. Then tell me how you would remove your fog light assembly. You do not necessarily need to remove the underbody trim/rock guard. Look at the assembly closely. Then tell me how you would remove the "whole thing" from the body.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 PM

I'm almost positive it's like the 2000-2005 ones. If so, Tadcaster's directions are correct. Take out your headlight so you can reach down to the fog. If you're talking about removing the whole assembly so there's a hole left in the bumper it's a clip that slides onto a slot coming off the bumper interior, then at the top of the light (in front of the light, in the exterior bumper a screw holds it in. Remove the screw and clip, remove the bulb by twisting it and the whole thing comes out.

I installed fog lights on my 2000, I had the vent grates in place originally.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
I'm almost positive it's like the 2000-2005 ones. If so, Tadcaster's directions are correct. Take out your headlight so you can reach down to the fog. If you're talking about removing the whole assembly so there's a hole left in the bumper it's a clip that slides onto a slot coming off the bumper interior, then at the top of the light (in front of the light, in the exterior bumper a screw holds it in. Remove the screw and clip, remove the bulb by twisting it and the whole thing comes out.

Which fog lights did you use to put in? I too have the vent grates.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS

Thanks Mike.... I have had my headlight out several times and saw the fog light asembley in plain view.... So it's like "Been there done that"

Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bait
Which fog lights did you use to put in? I too have the vent grates.
Factory ones

Thread >> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/pa...-lights-30295/

Old 06-01-2012, 09:35 PM

I had to remove the whole fog light assembly in my 03 ss to install strobe lights and it was a bit harder than I thought it would be. The concept was easy enough but the clips were kind of rusted on real tight. Had to just force it off and luckily I didn't break anything

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removing Fog Light Assembly 06 MC