Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Redneck Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Redneck Exhaust question

I have a totally redneck question. I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm dumb but I want to know how I can make my LS a dual thats loud with only a muffler and tips not wanting to do a ton of work. The reneck part is I want the exhaust tips to come out before the rear tires lol yeah redneck but i like it. so my ? is what kind of muffler do i get to make it come out both the sides before the rear tires. Heres a pic for help yeah the tips will be very close to the groud so undecided if i want round tips of flat ones.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Really tough to do with the unibody design of our cars, it's not really possible without doing a ton of work or having 4" of ground clearance.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:26 PM

gound clearance for the installation or for the tips? I have a lift so installations not a problem just dont wanna flatten my tips if i get round ones, if i get flat ones theyll be like flush with the plastic on the bottom and wont be a problem.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:27 PM

and I thought it would be tough because of the design of the cars but wondered if it was possible to do duals that way of if I'd have to run true duals.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 PM

interesting idea. one of my exhaust ideas is to run pipes like the '70 aar 'cudas it should be simple on my '96 but idk about 6th gens

Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 PM

I've been able to do some pretty "odd" stuff to my cars and this was one idea for it. It'd be different which is what i like I dont wanna just do a single exhaust out one side though so that was my ? was if its possible to do a single into a dual out both sides before the tires with maybe a flowmaster muffler. Or if I should just throw glasspacks on it and have duals out the rear which is pretty much common.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was talking about ground clearance on your car after your install. You'd probably hit them on everything. Only ones that might work would be the flat rectangles on the previous gen Camaros. And no you can never(without a ton of money) get true duals on this car, if you could they'd probably sound awesome but there's not enough room to run the collector from the front bank and rear bank separately between the engine cradle and firewall.(without them being too small and restrictive)

Old 08-27-2011, 07:40 PM

so are you wanting to run your tips out right in front of your rear tires?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Ahh ok thats what i was looking for, a cost for true duals would not be a problem...if it were for my SS though, however the LS is not about to get that cost put into it, The ground clearance was my issue too like I said I wouldnt wanna hit a bumy or something and have my round tips bent to (f word), so i guess I could do flat ones but not as cool O well undecided though if I find flat ones i like then yeah I'd go for that but if I don't find any I like may as well have them out the back.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:43 PM

yes in front of them kinda like I did on my Dodge 1500 when I had it

Quick Reply: Redneck Exhaust question