Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Opinion wanted

So I'm in the process of eliminating wires from my harness and making some of the connections shorter. My question is regarding my battery cables in weather the stock positive battery cables is big enough ? Obviously it's big enough for a smaller gear reduction starter on a smaller engine but is it suitable enough for a old style starter that's not gear reduction. Looking at the 2002 Monte cables they look way smaller than a older car would have and that's why I'm wondering Thanks for any comments.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
So I'm in the process of eliminating wires from my harness and making some of the connections shorter. My question is regarding my battery cables in weather the stock positive battery cables is big enough ? Obviously it's big enough for a smaller gear reduction starter on a smaller engine but is it suitable enough for a old style starter that's not gear reduction. Looking at the 2002 Monte cables they look way smaller than a older car would have and that's why I'm wondering Thanks for any comments.
Here is a good source for all your wiring cable needs and you can call and ask them too. Hope this is helpful.
http://www.wiringproducts.com/battery-cable

Old 03-14-2018, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for info, I appreciate the help