Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

No tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Default No tunes?

Ok so I'm driving home from work one night listening to the radio and all of the sudden I have no sound. The radio is still on and the display tells me the song that's playing, artist, station, etc. So I figure it's the radio station having problems so I change the station. Same thing no sound even though the radio has power and seems to be functioning fine. Later as I'm getting out of my car I notice the dummy bell isn't working....that's what I call the bell that let's me know "hey dummy your keys are still in the ignition", or "hey dummy fasten your seat belt" etc. I've looked through my owners manual for possible fuses that might be related to my problem and the only fuse listed in there is on the passenger side for the radio, which I found out later is to provide power to the radio itself and not to the speakers. I also noticed an amp bolted in the under side of my trunk in between the two rear speakers. I felt around for any fuses but didn't find any. So where is the fuse that controls the power going to the speakers? I have a stock radio and my Monte is an '05. Is it like the old school radios where I have to pull the unit out of the dash to get to the fuse? If I do how do I safely do it without damaging any of the interior? If the fuse isn't behind the radio can someone please tell me where it is? Any diagrams or pix would be helpful. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help. I'm about to go nuts not having any music in the car!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check the fuse panel inside the car, it has an interior accessory fuse or something like that, it's probably blown