Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Negative Battery Terminal "Tightener"

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Default Negative Battery Terminal "Tightener"

I've managed to break the small "tightener" for my negative battery cable. A picture of what I'm trying to describe is below:

It's not the nut or bolt that I'm looking for, but rather the piece that sinches the terminal tight. I'm hoping I can just buy the small clip rather than having to replace the entire cable. I've searched online and can not find the replacement clip/tightener/fastener...whatever it is called.

Has anyone had any luck with a similar search?

Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 PM

Aint gonna happen. And the aftermarket cables have completely different ends. Gird yourself to pay $150 for a piece of metal worth about a quarter.

Old 02-20-2018, 07:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My negative busted the EXACT same way, been broke for over a year now. It still sits on the post snug enough that it stays on but I'm going to be buying a new cable here soon. I mean, maybe get yourself lucky at a salvage yard but at that point those are probably going to be as corroded as yours is. Those parts come as an assembly so you're going to have to buy the whole cable. And I would not cheap out on these - buy the OEM cable.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-20-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:44 AM

Not having one of the models so I can't look, but isn't there a way a person could solder a lug on the cable and use a different style clamp ?