Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need Help! Car won't start!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 04:54 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Exclamation Need Help! Car won't start!!

Hey Everyone, I'm new to this forum. I own a 2004 monte carlo ls 3.4 that wont turn over. When I crank it over, it cranks and cranks and finally turns over for maybe half a second before stalling out. Thinking old fuel could be a problem, I siphoned out all of the old gas directly out of the hole in the trunk. while doing this, I swapped out the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, spark plugs and wires, battery, ignition lock cylinder and ignition switch. I have tried starter fluid in the intake as well as unplugging the MAF and MAP (both at separate times) but to no prevail. I should also note that the car did sit for about 2-3 months and during that time, a rabbit chewed through all the spark plug wires as well as the plug that goes into the MAF. Since then, they've all been replaced.

Note: The security light is illuminated on the dashboard but it isn't flashing, it switches between that and the battery light... (Not sure if this is supposed to happen). Thanks.