Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need certified advice

Old 07-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Exclamation Need certified advice

Have no power to fuse block, please dont get lost. Thank to reply on here I now know 2 red wires in harness are supposed to deliver that power (constant and ign on) and are supposed to be wired to starter BATT term but my only straight wire from Big bat term on starter runs thru firewall to a switch, seperate power wire from that same post on same switch ran to seperate starter switch. other post on "power" switch ran to fuse box BATT slot, other post of "starter " switch ran to starter solenoid. my box only received power (lights, signals etc) when "power switch" was on and ignition was in on position. Now with both switchs on i have no lights, no nothing. my main mindboggle here is where was my fuseblock receiving power? I ran that main wire from BATT term on starter to the wire running to the BATT slot (previoslu on bottom of "power" switch) to see if that theory was correct and results were still no power. This leads me to beleive that wire acted as a ground for my "power" switch and the power was from ignition being turned on?? The only reason i know both the "power" switch and ignition were required for fuse block activation was no lights unless both on and my elec fuel pump is wired to IGN slot on fuse block, need help bad, THANK YOU

Old 07-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is my Mechanics e-mail. Sent you an email. He can answer your questions. There is hope for the hopeless situations.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 07-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Here is my Mechanics e-mail. Sent you an email. He can answer your questions. There is hope for the hopeless situations.
Thank you so much brother, i received your email and I am emailing him now.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Matt is very good with electrical issues. He just completed a complete rewire on a built 1950 Chevy 2 ton cab over 5700 Loadmaster with a race engine. You should have seen it, wires all over like spaghetti. He loves the older vehicles, let us know how things go. I will see him again this late week or early next.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 PM

Thanks again man, i located the two main power wires for the fuse box and wired them to a switch, i now have everything back as it should be i now just have an issue of it sputtering BAD and will not idle. dont know wat the issue could be becausew before this mysterious electrical thing she was running fine. carb still needed adjustments and valves are tight but still need to be torqued as required but she cranked idled and revved fine.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by nikk2themax
Thanks again man, i located the two main power wires for the fuse box and wired them to a switch, i now have everything back as it should be i now just have an issue of it sputtering BAD and will not idle. dont know wat the issue could be becausew before this mysterious electrical thing she was running fine. carb still needed adjustments and valves are tight but still need to be torqued as required but she cranked idled and revved fine.
Matt will give you some places to look for sputtering / idling issues. He's such a good guy, he's busy as all hell, but will give you a moment. Just try to be explicit as possible and after a few emails you will be up and running in no time.