Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

More than one ebcm location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 04:51 PM
1 Year Member
Default More than one ebcm location?

The ebcm is the module on the abs pump near the master cylinder correct? Or is that a different module? Im seeing a diagram showing it is under the dash near the bcm. Which Is it? I' so confused.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:53 AM

Not sure what year car you have, on my 2002 the bcm is located under dash on drivers side by fuse box. The PCM (engine computer) is located under the air filter assembly. I'm guessing you're looking at the abs computer located by the master. Couldn't confirm I already removed mine. Hopefully this helps you .

Old 04-09-2018, 09:47 PM
1 Year Member

Mine is a 2004. After looking through the service manual it appears I was correct and the ebcm is the module on the abs pump. I just got confused after seeing some diagrams posted showing it under the dash next to the bcm. That must be for a different year or something. I need to test the wiring harness to it because I am unable to communicate with it. I just wanted to make sure I was testing the connector at the right module and that there wasn't more than one brake module or something.