Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Monte Carlo overheating

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Default Monte Carlo overheating

Hi. My Monte Carlo is currently out of commision. It began over heating intermittently. I don't believe it's radiator. It would over heat then drop back to normal range within a few minutes. I figures it was a Guage issue because my monte has other issues with gauges and electric parts. But eventually I ignored it and the car shut down while I was driving. I tried to restart it with no luck but after 30 minutes it started up only to die again after 20 minutes of driving. I have no clue what the issue is. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Old 01-26-2016, 06:07 AM

Intermittent overheating on the gage is most likely a bad thermostat, temp sensor, or rad cap. unless there is a bubble in the block from prior rad work which is pretty hard to get on 3.8l. Have no idea on the car shutting off. Check for the dreaded milk appearance in the oil or in the rad and that fluids are at proper levels without excess consumption

Old 01-26-2016, 06:09 AM

Pray its not actually the cluster. Mine ran me 500 for assembly plus a core plus 90 for install and it has to be programmed by dealer