Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

man whats the deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Photobucket
Default man whats the deal

the idle air contrrol valve in my car went bad................again................for the third time this month..........

whats the deal with these things? what makes them go bad and why in the heck cant anybody seem to sell me one thats not only good for a couple days..any ideas yall

Old 06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Default RE: man whats the deal

[align=center]Hi Chis, I don't know if the artictle will help, because I don't know anything : ) about Idle Control Problems : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Could all your `Mod's be causing the problem ? Or do you think you [/align][align=center]have been getting defective parts.[/align][align=center]Hopes this give you some insights.[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center][/align]

Idle Control with MegaSquirt-II
MegaSquirt-II has a few options for controlling idle speed. These fall into the broad categories of stepper motor IAC, and Fast Idle valves (PWM or on/off). The stepper type is covered first in this document, the on/off and PWM are covered towards the end of this page (click here).
Stepper IAC

[:-]Click below, it's pretty deep read'in : )
http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/IAC.htm

Old 06-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Photobucket

i dunno space d00d, havent done any mods in months except for looks stuff, no mechanical anything. i just have no clue it doesnt make sense for it to keep going bad like this.
it is EXTREMELY annoying that everytime i accelerate it bogs down and doesnt go foward till i hit about 2krpms and when im drivin down the highway the engine acts like all cylinders miss then it catches back up and it does it over and over and over again. i replace this part and its fine no problems, no more codes no nothing except what its supposed to do. so logic dictates that this sensor is the problem. i dunno tho ill go back and get another one, i just hope this problem stops b4 i do something stuipd lol

Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

what kind are you buying?? there's some out there that are just junk

Old 06-09-2007, 09:39 PM

i owuld be going back to where you got it and explaining it to them that you have bought 3 and they are goign bad in a few days. it is thier turn to buy one for you.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Photobucket

well i took that back to the advance store got my money back and went to napa and got oen there, this one was all metal vs all plastic from the other place and it lasted from 6-11 until today 6-16 and the cars back to doing its bullcrap again. im so sick of this maybe ill just dump this car off if all i can do is drive it for a week at a time before its back to being worked on heck not even a full week this time. im just so fecken sick of this crap shoulda taken peoples advice long time ago

Old 06-16-2007, 07:58 AM

Hi Chris, I feel your pain....I had those mystery gremlin's on my Modified Honda VTEC.
I searched out several Honda Tech Doooooods ,that had knowledgeof the
electronic's, and they would locate my problems after many, many test.
I would suggest trying to recruit a tech from one of the GMshops & buy them a six pack
and see if they can assist in the cause of the problem.
I hope someonefrom our Monte Carlo Family has some idea's/solutions.
There's so much to learn about cars & it's those little things that drive you crazy.
Wish you good luck...Don't give up.....make it a challenge & don't let the Gremlin's win : )
`Space

Old 06-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Chris, I feel your pain....I had those mystery gremlin's on my Modified Honda VTEC.[/align][align=center]I searched out several Honda Tech Doooooods ,that had knowledgeof the[/align][align=center]electronic's, and they would locate my problems after many, many test.[/align][align=center]I would suggest trying to recruit a tech from one of the GMshops & buy them a six pack[/align][align=center]and see if they can assist in the cause of the problem.[/align][align=center]I hope someonefrom our Monte Carlo Family has some idea's/solutions.[/align][align=center]There's so much to learn about cars & it's those little things that drive you crazy.[/align][align=center]Wish you good luck...Don't give up.....make it a challenge & don't let the Gremlin's win : )[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]
why couldnt they of stayed moguais? whyd someone hafta feed it after midnight and turn it into a gremlin? i tell u space d00d im tryin my best to not give up but man its just crazy, ive dumped almost 10k into this car since i got it (Was given to me so no money there) and all i have to show for it is a backfiring sputtering hesitating thing that probably wont even get me back home today

Old 06-16-2007, 10:21 AM

Chris
Check the voltage and ground
If the voltage is off, it could be causing it to short out.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: Mrrench

Chris
Check the voltage and ground
If the voltage is off, it could be causing it to short out.
what should it read?

Quick Reply: man whats the deal