Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Low Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking Low Tire Pressure

Hey long time no post which is good news eh?

The 04 supercharged is cruising down the road just fine with 99K miles. I actually bought a used Avalanche with 40K miles and passed down the MC to my wife. Now get this my wife is much happier with the 04 MC and we traded the 2006 Mustang in on my ride! The company pays for my vehicle of choice and I rack up 30-40K per year. So far no major issues, but now we have a low tire pressure alarm and the car has good pressure with new tires on it. Can I simply just disconnect the battery and reset the computor, or is there something else I can do to get rid of this alarm?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM

it should reset itself. our tps work if one wheel is 12 psi higher than any other wheel so make sure those pressures are all correct! u can try to disconnect the battery if ud like but it could also b a sensor problem!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 PM

put your key into the ignition Turn key to the on position but do not start the car.

Then pull the headlight switch out one Click puch back in one click. pull out one click, push in. pull out one click, push in. (total of 3 times) and the light should go away.

It will make a chime sound if you do it right.

has worked on mine every winter and spring when i swap out the winter rims with the summer rims.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2000_BLACK_SS
put your key into the ignition Turn key to the on position but do not start the car.

Then pull the headlight switch out one Click puch back in one click. pull out one click, push in. pull out one click, push in. (total of 3 times) and the light should go away.

It will make a chime sound if you do it right.

has worked on mine every winter and spring when i swap out the winter rims with the summer rims.
Mucho Gracias!

That was the cure

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

thanks for letting us know that your problem got fixed, it seems people post and never respond if the issue actually was corrected! excellent work again from 2000_BLACK_SS, glad your problem has been fixed!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
thanks for letting us know that your problem got fixed, it seems people post and never respond if the issue actually was corrected! excellent work again from 2000_BLACK_SS, glad your problem has been fixed!
I noticed the same thing where people don't respond. I don't post a lot here, but when I can add something useful to the forum or if I have problem that I need solved I will give positive input.

I am pretty active on the IFSJA.org board because of my project 89 Wagoneer.

You can check it out below along with a picture of the rest of my fleet.

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/odessadude/

Old 08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member

great pics, what motor is in the wagoneer?? back in high school a guy i new put a chevy 350 in his!! see ya, great chevy pick-up also

Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member

sorry for the gigantic copy and paste pics i posted?? but they are pretty cool!!!!

Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by odessadude
Mucho Gracias!

That was the cure
No problem.

It was a huge relief when i found that little trick out. My Low tire pressure light was on for 6 months before i finally got it turned off.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
Thumbs up

Yeah the 81 Silverado is my pride and joy. I rebuilt the engine recently, new seat covers with new foam, bumpers, headliner, paint you name it. Unfortunately I have 4 registered vehicles I am paying insurance and taxes on with two drivers in the house. Now the daughter needs braces, wife needs dental work, were planing a trip to Germany this year and it's getting harder to justify having all of these toys, but I'm still hanging on to it for now. The Wagoneer has a 360 which has 160K on the original engine. No smoke, good oil pressure and with the 6" lift she tracks pretty good. I am trying to plan a trip next year to Ouray Colorado for a Full Size Jeep get together.

All I can say it's a damn good thing to have a wife that lets you do what you want to do! She loves her Monte Carlo. We bought the Mustang new and paid it off in three years due to a 0% finance plan Ford had going at the time. She never washed it unless I reminded her about it, but now she washes the Monte at least every other week. She was so happy to get rid of the Stang and I told her if the Monte can make it for a couple of more years we will get her a low mileage 2007 Monte SS. I will keep the Super Charged 04 so I guess my future has five cars in it!

Quick Reply: Low Tire Pressure