Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Low coolant flashing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Default Low coolant flashing

So I just changed the coolant elbows, lower intake and gaskets, the plenum and the t-stat on my girls 01 grand prix 3.8 (I know it's not a monte carlo). Anyways I flushed and bled the system out switched it to all makes coolant. So on the way home the low coolant light would come on and off seconds at a time. I'm thinking maybe I didn't bleed it out all the way but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem after doing this work. Also the coolant was full when I checked it and the upper rad hose was warmish not hot like usual . Any help/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sometimes the sensor is just gummed up. It's located right below the radiator cap.

Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Sometimes the sensor is just gummed up. It's located right below the radiator cap.
Thank you I'll check that out today after work and update

Old 05-03-2016, 03:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just unplugged mine to keep the light off. Rather check my coolant manually haha

Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I just unplugged mine to keep the light off. Rather check my coolant manually haha
Agree with you there lol but it took her a month to tell me that she's been losing coolant. So I checked the level when I got home and it was a little low witch is weird because last night it was full guess I didn't get all the air out. Imma keep a eye on the level for a few more days. Thanks for the suggestion man I'll keep that in mind if it comes on again after all the air is completely out