Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LOST SOUND WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Default hey

Where does your info say the factory amp is located?

Old 10-25-2013, 12:47 PM

Let's stop talking about the Factory Amp, which he has clearly stated his car does not have.

If all you did was remove the factory stereo and replace it with the new stereo, the problem must be there. Especially if the air bag light magically came on after the install. Perhaps the stereo wires were improperly connected to the factory wiring?

Remove the new stereo, view and understand the instructions for both hooking up and using the new stereo. There may simply be a setting that is incorrect causing the lack of sound...keep it simple kid

Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 PM

1. you need a factory amp goto the junkyard and get one itll be in the trunk simple harness pull out and unclip its the same amp for 2000-2005 2. the same thing happened to me with a single din pioneer i took it to a shop and monte carlos, impalas, and grandprix take in water on the passenger side same side as the wire for your factory amp the wire probably coroded and broke apart similar to mine

Old 12-10-2013, 03:28 PM

Lol okay let me step in ....first guys he does NOT need a aftermarket amp. You either have 1, the wrong harness, 2 you hooked up your wires wrong. Simply. If your replacing from STOCK, everything should match up. And something is not. PM me and ill see if I can help you diagnose whats wrong.

But I repeat, HE DOES NOT NEED AN AMP. 2006 - 2007 is different from the 6th gen. We did NOT get a amp unless we have BOSE sound.

Edit : UNLESS its ordered as well !

Last edited by Hiroska; 12-10-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:22 AM

Thank you all for your responses the harness I had was the one that fit my stock radio harness however the pins where in different locations after reviewing the diagram a few times i removed all pins and put them in their correct location works great now!! Thanks Again!!

Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I also am going through the same thing now. One thing I noticed and wondered if this has anything to do with anything. The factory radio has a flashing light on it which to me suggest an integrated security system. Could this have anything to do with it?

Old 03-05-2014, 12:43 PM

If you change the radio how are you going to reset the oil light? low tire warning? headlight delay? ETC....... when i bought my car it had a aftermarket radio which i quickly dumped for the factory one because of these issues.

Old 03-15-2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Viperpit
If you change the radio how are you going to reset the oil light? low tire warning? headlight delay? ETC....... when i bought my car it had a aftermarket radio which i quickly dumped for the factory one because of these issues.
There is a way around that, the oil change light can be reset with the gas pedal if you don't have the factory radio. Low tire warning through the headlight switch, but I hear you thats one of the reasons I will always have the factory radio in mine. https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...y-radio-10265/

Old 03-16-2014, 01:05 PM

Sorry to be so newbie ignorant, but I have the same vehicle that the OP has and was wondering what the radio has to do with the oil light, low tire warning and headlight delay ETC. I really like the factory radio (it is not BOSE), the only problem is that all the speakers are not working properly (any ideas on the best speaker replacement?). All the controls for these other issues are handled with a dash board control and is separate from the radio (or so it appears). Do all MC's control these items you spoke of in the radio? Just wondering for down the road....

Old 03-19-2014, 03:27 PM

the oil, tire preasure and headlight are through the radio but have other ways to get rid of the warning as itll explain in your manual, otherwise if your stock radio is in just use it to control these warnings.

Quick Reply: LOST SOUND WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO Please help!!